• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are millions of patents on the shelf, most have no economic value and are not put into production

Looking at the video, it appears that none of this is filmed on a groomed trail.
As a trail rider, This alone concerns me

Looking at the video, it appears that none of this is filmed on a groomed trail.
yeah, i also was a little worried when i saw this...but i'm still hopefull...or else i'll have to go for a YamaCat ZR with a Yam turbooooo

Do they ever do teaser promos on groomed trails? Not sure they could keep it as secret trying to film on groomed trails. Besides you aren't going to get the blowing snow effects to cover the sled either. I'm a trail rider too, but am hopeful.

Do they ever do teaser promos on groomed trails? Not sure they could keep it as secret trying to film on groomed trails. Besides you aren't going to get the blowing snow effects to cover the sled either. I'm a trail rider too, but am hopeful.[/QUOTE

Seems to me inthe past they have used groomed trail footage at some point in the trail sled teasers. Honestly, im concerned i see any trail in this video.
They have property they can ride and test on. Im sure they even own or have access to a groomer or 2.
Try to remember they do tons of testing and these things have to hit a groomed trail at some point. Otherwise the entire sled is just a guess as to wether it will work in real world conditions. Shock calibrations, caster, camber angles etc etc all need tobe tested fully before a release.
I understand the snow effect comments and get why they use deep snow but the lack of an actual trail has me concerned this sled is once again not what i am looking for.
I guess we will know soon enough.

Seems to me inthe past they have used groomed trail footage at some point in the trail sled teasers. Honestly, im concerned i see any trail in this video.
They have property they can ride and test on. Im sure they even own or have access to a groomer or 2.
Try to remember they do tons of testing and these things have to hit a groomed trail at some point. Otherwise the entire sled is just a guess as to wether it will work in real world conditions. Shock calibrations, caster, camber angles etc etc all need tobe tested fully before a release.
I understand the snow effect comments and get why they use deep snow but the lack of an actual trail has me concerned this sled is once again not what i am looking for.
I guess we will know soon enough.

Oh yes they have done groomed trails but its risky if you don't want spy photos taken. 12-15 yrs ago not everyone was carrying a camera/video phone in their pockets. I remember seeing the prototype RX-1 on trail 13 in the Greenland/Mass City/Rockland, Michigan area. We chased the rider down (he was quick) to their trailer and the guy jumped off it and ran into the big Yamaha semi. We just stood and stared at it, a guy came out kind of ticked we were there.

There's alot of talk about Yamaha's ''market share'' in the snow 'biz. Yamaha isn't in snowmobiles to dominate the market. Don't get me wrong, they'd be happy to sell & make more $$. They want to keep Yamaha guys YAMAHA guys. Hear me out. My friend is a perfect example. He WAS a Honda guy before he bought 2006 Apex, since Honda doesn't make sleds. The sled has been, & still is, soo good to him that he bought a 2009 FZ-1 motorcycle next. Last year he was in market for a big 300 HP boat motor. That's a $20,000 to $25,000 motor! It came down to E-TEC & Yamaha. He did a lot of research & soul searching. Money was close & so was performance & dealers were similar. It came down to his experience & faith in his SNOWMOBILE. He bought the Yamaha motor. That's over $20,000 in Yammi's pocket due to a ''small market share'' snowmobile. BTW, the day they went shark fishing on buddy's E-tec boat & forgot oil, is the day he knew he made the right choice...he's now a YAMAHAULIC!!!!

True story! As an owner of 2 Yamaha outboards, a WR250f it really came down to where there heart was so to speak when I bought the nytro new in 10......

Had to mod mod mod it to get it to what I really like but have been waiting for a true blue crossover replacement since...sorry vipers.....

THAT video looks to hit the

a true crossover is lighter and can ride trails as good as a shorty, so it is not purpose built, but a hybrid on same chassis as shorty

thats shot coming around the tree is from another video just cropped..he is riding a apex from a different video

I think its going to be the Phazer motor in a snowbike chassis. 80hp twin. Light snow bike. That thing would be awesome.

If you read Chris Reid's blog. Its pretty telling. What I took from that was not only no new 2 stroke engines (which was totally obvious)...but also NO NEW ENGINES in general for this new sled. Thus...I come to the conclusion of a Phazer snowbike.

Could be an updated Phazer as well. Which would be nice. I want something like this for my son.

I think those of you that are geeked up on a new high HP motor or sled are going to be sorely disappointed.

Well if you right ccrider, that would make my day. I love my phazer but I wish it was lighter and smaller. The engine is great and I dont need/want more power.

It only makes sense. The Japanese management at Yamaha has clearly shown that they will invest in nothing significant for a sled. And Chris's blog basically just confirmed that. Think of it..they have the Phazer engine...they have the platform in their YZ bikes. They have everything they need to cobble this together. In true Yamaha sled style these days....take what you already have and cobble it together using existing platforms (including your competitors chassis').

I think that's what we are going to see here. A new Phazer chassis with the existing motor might be there. If not...a cobbled together snowbike using their existing platforms.

I might even be shooting high in hoping for the Phazer engine cobbled into a snowbike YZ chassis. They may have just partnered with Polaris to get access to Timbersled's kit and thrown some hand warmers on their YZF450 motocross bike and called it a day. Don't be surprised!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back