• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW APEX MOTOR!!!!

RED800

Expert
yamaha is putting up some good numbers with the 3cyl nytro...could the new apex motor be a 3 cylinder massaged over...snotech stated the nytro has a outer bearing to handle added horse power,turbo or supercharger?....in order for the apex to loose weight they need a 3 cylinder,the current motor is what makes the sled heavier...with the new nytro at 140hp and gobs of torque and 45 lbs lighter!! who needs an apex?.... unless the 09 apex is 170+...yamaha better make sure the apex is seperated by a big margin from the nytro or there is no purpose of buying an apex...any thoughts?

The 4-cylinder is not much heavier then the triple, only a few pounds apparently. Where the Nytro looses most of it weight is in the new chasis, not the motor. The new vector which is in the Delta-box-2 chasis is almost the same weight as the Apex, all within a few pounds.

Nitro is 130 HP, not 140

130+ and some that Yamaha has dynoed were 134. I was told this at the lake Geneva show by a rep that i know personaly. kviper

Actually, American Snowmobiler had the new Nytro motor dynoed at Aaen performance. The new motor produced 138.6 hp at 8500 rpm and a top torque number of 94 foot-pounds at 7100 rpm.

Yamaha was handing out Nytro brochure's with Dyno results at the 08 show in Novi Mi. a few weeks ago that clearly showed 138 HP @ 8500 RPM. The Yami rep. confirmed the HP output.

I heard from a good source it will be 15 hp better than what we now have,but not sure on the design of chassie,or on weight reduction,and it will most likely be 4 cylinder 4 valve instead of the current 5 valve,and still have gearreduction,so they can still spin it up,lets hope so.

mnmsnowbeast said:
I heard from a good source it will be 15 hp better than what we now have,but not sure on the design of chassie,or on weight reduction,and it will most likely be 4 cylinder 4 valve instead of the current 5 valve,and still have gearreduction,so they can still spin it up,lets hope so.
I agree. This sounds like a more predictable senario.

I guarantee it will be the same...same HP and weight. 2008 is only it's 3rd year. The machine is great, and they sell alot of them. The firecats were out for 4 years un-changed and they were not as good as machine as the Apex. The MXZ REV's were out for 5 years with very minor changes. The Apex will be out for more then 3. just my 2 cents.

There is very little weight difference between the 4 cyl Apex and the 3 cyl Vector. It's not the engine, it's the chassis. Just look at the difference in size between the Apex and the Nitro.

I heard over a year ago that Yammi was coming out with a 3 cyl. I thought the guy meant for the Apex chassis, but I guess now he was referring to the Nytro motor. However, I could very easily see Yammi increase the hp on that 3 cyl and put it in the Apex chassis...it would have to save weight.

Back