• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Bars and risers

Koeckman

Extreme
Looking for opinions on changing the bars. I don't like the "grab strap" on the current bars and am looking for idea's or recommendations on changing them. I would like a strap that is a little more flexible and possibly more of a straight bar with J-hooks.

Since I will be changing the the bars and grad strap, I might as well change the riser as well, as I don't really like the position of the bars either. I have looked at a ton of different option and am just looking for some first hand info. I have looked hard at the Muffin Works risers but didn't think, they would be very rigid. They looked as though they would slip easily. I liked the Monster risers but are not willing to pay $350 for risers. I guess I am leaning towards the Roxx or Powermadd options but am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks for your help and advise in advance.

What is the maximum height I can go without changing cables/lines?

I went with 6" RSI risers and a slightly machined Powermadd adapter plate to fit the curved MTX stock bar.. Install looks clean. If you are going to straight bars, no modification would be needed.
http://www.rsiracing.com/product_info.p ... cts_id=181
http://www.powermadd.com/products/pivotadapterkit.html

The stock riser is 6" but with the adapter plate and the ability to pivot the bars forward, I installed a 4" longer throttle cable rerouted on inside of bars then down. Everything else fit fine.
Moving the bars forward made the sled so much easier to pull over.

I would have definatley spent the extra $200 or so to go with the Monster Riser, but I would have had problems mounting central gauge pods on it.
http://www.monsterworks.ca/

Do you have a line on a gauge pod bracket? I was interested in relocating my gauges to, just couldn't find any info on the Nytro's. Found lots of info on the Phaser, but nothing for the Nytro.

Attachments

• IMG_5256.jpg
    IMG_5256.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_5260.jpg
    IMG_5260.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 107
I ran the powermadd pivot adapter and 4" riser last year and it was an improvement over stock. This year I'm running wildchilds post relo kit and a 2" riser and it's that much better again. The rider positioning feels perfect now.

I'm also in Eagle River and if you want to come look at my setup and hop on the sled before you order anything just let me know.

Not to disrespect anyone's product ... but any pivoting riser is going to have a very similar system for which the bars are clamped to the pivot.

The PowerMadd, RSI and Monster risers all have a clamping system very similar to ours. We have had great sucess with our riser and many pleased customers. We do note on our website that you can return them for a full refund if you are not happy with the product.

We will make every effort to make sure our customers are pleased with their purchase, and that the product performs the to their expectations.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to answer them.

Jason

Great....Thanks to both of you I really appreciate it.

That CR Racing site was just what I've been looking for, man they've got just about everything I've been looking for.

Nikolai, thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it as I was considering the Wild Child post relocation as well. I didn't realize you were in Eagle River. For some reason I thought you were down on the peninsula in the Homer area.

Nikolai said:
I'm also in Eagle River and if you want to come look at my setup and hop on the sled before you order anything just let me know.

Nikolai,

I'd like to take you up on your offer to come and take a look if you don't mind? Anytime is good for me, I will send you a PM with my phone number, just give me a call if you get a chance. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Nikolai said:
I ran the powermadd pivot adapter and 4" riser last year and it was an improvement over stock. This year I'm running wildchilds post relo kit and a 2" riser and it's that much better again. The rider positioning feels perfect now.

I also ran a pivot ( 3 1/2") riser, then switched to relocating the steering post.
The pivot worked ok, but something didn't quite "feel right" during certain maneuvers. Kind of hard to explain, however I could feel added stress in my shoulders. Maybe it's the way the bars were arching off of the center point.
I enjoy fabricating out of metal, and had some spare aluminum. So I made my own relocating brackets, and modified the lower bushing. It makes a big difference, I was able to remove the pivot riser. Then use a simple 1" riser block to maintain handle bar height. Sled has a more comfortable "feel" to it now.

My Setup:

RSI Pivot
ROX Adjustable Riser (4-5.5")
RSI Tapered Aluiminum Bars - Race Bend
RSI Heater Elements
RSI ODI Grips
RSI Mountain Bar.

Totally loving it. With the Rox adjustable riser I can adjust all the way up to 5.5" with stock cables. I'm 6'1 and this setup works damn good for me. Plus if I'm doing a bunch of trail riding, I can drop the bars back down. For now I've been running them about 5" out most the time.

Running RSI high power heater elements on stock switches. Aluminum bars do seem to suck some heat from my elements. We had a few 5-10 degree days in December and I got the cold hands, but when it's that cold not sure if there's much you can do.

20081119_142502_Fall2008-144.jpg

20081119_142545_Fall2008-148.jpg

20081119_142514_Fall2008-145.jpg

20081218_222647_Stampede-Pass-1.jpg

My favorite view.

tom, if you moved those hand guards out more you'd probably get better wind protection on your hands.

SilentSno said:
tom, if you moved those hand guards out more you'd probably get better wind protection on your hands.

Yeah I know, thanks for the feedback though. I'm basically out of room on my bars and can't get them any farther out without putting them inside the grips. I figured I wouldn't want them catch the throttle or anything. So, for now till I get a new set of hand guards that allow more spacing options they'll have to do.

Use a longer bolt and a bronze bushing to space your guards farther out to end of your bars from the mount, works well for me

I put the RSI Carbon Fiber Race bars on mine with 5" fly risers and I love them, they have the hooks all on them.

Sorry for the crappy pic, if you want some better ones let me know and I will take some this weekend.

Attachments

• DSC01323.JPG
    DSC01323.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 135

Back