• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Engine in 2016 Vipers and Other Changes

My build date shows Aug. 2015, and a lot of other parts from vendors show dates of May, June and July.

The only other thing I seen on the cat 7000 was the brake lever but the cat didn't come with a screen over the radiator and it will get destroyed with out one. A friend of mine got the cat and I got the Yamaha. BLUE FASTER
My wife has the 7000 and it's faster the my viper:whine: but she is also 100lbs lighter then me!
Easy fix though keep her sled stock and mod mine!!:sled2:

My build date shows Aug. 2015, and a lot of other parts from vendors show dates of May, June and July.

Interesting I was assured that all were early builds. Got back from my dealer Thursday and found out that the later builds all have the new motor in it along with a lot of small changes. the motor has new rods, pistons, timing chain upgrades as well as new valves. It sounds like they are designed to be stronger for boost. Not really happy with all of this and why I purposely asked for a late build sled.#$%&*

Just back from dealer, dampers and bag in hand. Install doesn't appear to difficult. Not even sure I'm going to bother.
I might keep them off the sled for a few runs and then install them. That way I can see if I notice a difference.

image.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg

Interesting I was assured that all were early builds. Got back from my dealer Thursday and found out that the later builds all have the new motor in it along with a lot of small changes. the motor has new rods, pistons, timing chain upgrades as well as new valves. It sounds like they are designed to be stronger for boost. Not really happy with all of this and why I purposely asked for a late build sled.#$%&*
How can someone tell if they got the new in there16 sled.

When I went to dealer to pay the balance they handed them to me. He asked if I wanted them to install the dampers, I opted to take them as I may just do the front damper. May not do either. Bag is nice also, make look to move it!

Did anyone know there were changing to the Viper motor for 2016 ? I new there was changer to the Vector motor but not the viper.
Are all the 2016 viper have the new motor?
What did they change and what is the effect of the changes, anyone know?

Oh boy and we all thought the shock change last year was bad. Keep in mind that this new motor may be less powerful than original. Trying to put a good spin on this. If the motor turns out to be better in some way all of us just saw our sleds value decrease. This is really bad policy by Yamaha.

Jeeze id hate to accidentally blow up my 2016 with an"old engine " , under warranty of course. ;)

Out of all things I didn't think they would change the engine. What the heck is wrong with the old engine. It's the reason to by a viper.

Back