• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Engine in 2016 Vipers and Other Changes

I just checked build date and looked at the engine. I have the new engine I think compared to the pictures here. Build date is 05/2015...
As for the starter issue, mine was only hard starting in the -25 cold and never kicked back. Just wouldn't start right away. But a lot of other cats were having problems that morning also. Eventually they all started except my buddies doo which normally starts instantly! So I had the last laugh that morning!

Found this thread when doing some research. The Dealer has 2 MTX 153 SE vipers left. I want one, but i dont want a motor that will blow when i turbo it.

So from what i read the old motor is the better motor without the weak rods? And to tell if you have the old motor is by build date or the valve cover gasket. Do we have a date range for the old motor? The dealer is 2.5 hours away and they could tell me the build date easier then sending me a photo of the gasket.

So the new motor has weaker rods but is everything else better then the old motor?

Also on a 2016 Viper MTX 153 SE what else comes with the sled, i have read about a ogio bag and a performance damper? what is that?

But I am right in the valve cover info? That' what I will do

Just looked up the 2016 Viper MTX 153 SE and from what I could tell it has the 16.5 motor. all the 153 do It don't have the black cam half moon plugs.

Just looked up the 2016 Viper MTX 153 SE and from what I could tell it has the 16.5 motor. all the 153 do It don't have the black cam half moon plugs.
Well then decide if you will turbo before you buy. Another good possibility is if you turbo just change the rods and Pistons. Then can put big boost to it.

Back