• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New idler info

Your wheel s are covered under the factory warranty.but after the first year they are considered normal wear and tear,not covered under Y.E.S.

i WAS JUST TOLD BY A LOCAL DEALER THAT THE VIPER WHEELS WILL WORK ON THE NEW SKIDS AND YAMAHA TOLD HIM IT WAS OK TO DO , HE TOLD ME JUST TO PUNCH OUT THE INNER SLEEVE SO JUST SEE THE BEARING AND IT WILL WORK ..HAVE NOT TRIED IT YET BUT ILL GIVE IT A SHOT SINCE I HAVE A FEW LYING AROUND ...ILL KEEP YA POSTED ...

82SRX500 said:
FYI.... If your hyfax burned up like mine because of the rear wheels complain like hell! Yes, they are a wear area, but they are not supposed to wear out in 100 miles on snow.

You might be having other issues. The faxes shouldn't have burned up that fast in good snow without wheels.

the oversized ski-doo wheels that are mentioned on this site do have the larger bearing so you will need a slightly longer bolt but you won't need to do any machining. Because they are thinner they do not interfere with the track lugs. Vector_1 put the part #s and sizes futher up on this thread.

So will that have an effect on the idlers or will we just need the longer bolts and not have to machine the blocks to make them fit properly. I would like bigger idlers because I do find that there is alot of drag on the rear skid.

SledFreak said:
So will that have an effect on the idlers or will we just need the longer bolts and not have to machine the blocks to make them fit properly. I would like bigger idlers because I do find that there is alot of drag on the rear skid.

Here is what I posted in another thread.

87gtNOS said:
I machined 60 thous off mine perfectly. Both are identical. I still had a wheel go up in smoke on Tuesday...however this one lasted for 200 miles!! The 'nub' on the inside of the track, not the one between the wheel and rail, is rounded a bit, telling me that the centering of these wheels must be an issue. Track is nicely aligned.

Again this time I was out on the lake with only 1" max snow and glare ice. It blew on a 110mph run. It was steaming man!!

I will inspect tonight. I really want to run these larger Cat wheels, however, my dealer just got me in 2 of the plastic RX1 wheels. So I guess they are going on tonight...I will swap the machined mounts with 2 of the outside ones(my outside wheels are bigger ones too!).

Back