• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW MODEL IN FEB 2010?

billy2guns said:
Ike said:
Yamaha will never make a factory turbo. Too many variables to cover with warranty.

Ike

Why cant Yamaha offer a factory turbo while Cat and Polaris can? It would seem to me that the R&D team at Yamaha would be much larger and have more resourses at there disposal... Just asking!

No turbo... supercharger at best ( the yamcharger?). 4 cylinder quad don´t need turbo to compeate with the Z1 or the FST or the 1200 Doo. Not yet atleast. Supercharger 200 + hp would wax them all, bad. OR just lighter weight would do fine. Less weight = more haulin #*$&@.

My prediction is FX chassis, more lightweight bitchbanger, twin cylinder 1000cc or close sled. Apex replacement would have the supercharged motor with 200+ hp to boot. Call me crazy, but this is what I think.

So two sleds on the future for me. :drink:

Ike

methinks this thread is rediculous...

Yeah they're due to update the Apex, but be realistic about it. Maybe a touch more power, update the chassis a bit and lose a little weight. I don't think it'll be anything too extreme. Why mess up a good thing? For trail riding, it's pretty much the best thing on the market today. Forget thoughts of having a sled that does everything well - lake racer / sno-x / deep powder / groomed trail. You just can't have one sled that is the best in every segment, so quit waiting for yamaha to come out with it...

i just talked to my neighbor that lives next to a yamaha engineer. i didnt get to talk to him long but they are comming to greenland this week to test new sleds. im headin to the dealer this week to get some stuff. hopefully i'll see something up there, maybe even pics if their there.

2010 Bravo????

Is it s late release smaller CC sled called the "Bravo"??????

--Steve (O.C.)

Attachments

• BRAVO.JPG
    BRAVO.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 156
I would think a logical improvement would be a 175 or so hp 3 cylinder in an Apex. Drop a quick 30lbs and increase the power by 25hp. Sounds good to me, I would buy one.

Wig

To continue on the guessing game, my money is saying it's bye bye to the Deltabox II chassis, bye bye to the 150 Genesis, hello to a trail friendly Nytro chassis w/Mono Shock II rear. It'll probably have the 120 fuelie or the 130hp Nytro engine & will be their highest hp offerring. Given the economy, a radical high hp expensive sled is unlikely.

Sno Cat said:
To continue on the guessing game, my money is saying it's bye bye to the Deltabox II chassis, bye bye to the 150 Genesis, hello to a trail friendly Nytro chassis w/Mono Shock II rear. It'll probably have the 120 fuelie or the 130hp Nytro engine & will be their highest hp offerring. Given the economy, a radical high hp expensive sled is unlikely.
I hope your wrong!!! :o|

Sno Cat said:

they wont make a slower sled just to delete the 150hp sled...wont do that...

what they MIGHT do is use a nytro motor,with taller gearing and a factory SC,this could happen,but i doubt it.

dan

Back