• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Rumor

My dealer says there may not be enough turbos built to fill all the orders. What they do build, will be on time.

Two stroke getting shown at haydays.

Two stroke getting shown at haydays.
You can go to cat site and "name" the new platform. Pro-Cross2 would not be a name I would use.

I want to know how can one name it without seeing it. Hype at its finest, gets everyone talking I guess. Sure hope they will still use Yamaha for the four-stroke power plant so we can at least get a piece of it that good, and hopefully its engineered properly this go around. They sure won't survive another 2012 fiasco.

Mike are they going to put the 998 in it?

One of the articles talking about this new Chassis he said it will be for all of the two-stroke models. I’d imagine down the road they will have it as a turbo but it appears for the first year or two it will be two-stroke only

Having it for two strokes first makes sense to get them in the field. I remember the Firecat chassis. Very light, very fast, but you could break it in half. Cat became concerned then built the Twin Spar chassis which was heavy and unbreakable. Then came our beloved Pro Cross.

My guess is that the new chassis will be light, have a fancy gauge and enough electrical power to run power steering in a two stroke. We will see and hope it not named "too little, too late"

Having it for two strokes first makes sense to get them in the field. I remember the Firecat chassis. Very light, very fast, but you could break it in half. Cat became concerned then built the Twin Spar chassis which was heavy and unbreakable. Then came our beloved Pro Cross.

My guess is that the new chassis will be light, have a fancy gauge and enough electrical power to run power steering in a two stroke. We will see and hope it not named "too little, too late"
Can you say 850-900 2 smoke?

If the pics online that surfaced are correct it’s just a slightly different variation of the pro Cross. Hood is definitely changed. But spindles and such look same.

If the pics online that surfaced are correct it’s just a slightly different variation of the pro Cross. Hood is definitely changed. But spindles and such look same.
Front suspensions on all three mfgs have not changed since 2015

maybe someone could correct me but didn’t the process change the front suspension in 2020? Maybe not much , but it did change. It’s called the ARS 2.
The spindle and the a-arm changed but the mount points to the bulkhead are the same. Poo and doo's bulkheads haven't changed. The body work did.

So it did change? That’s what I thought, there’s no way cats front suspension from 15 is the same as a current model

Front suspensions on all three mfgs have not changed since 2015
A arms and Spindles have been the front end of choice since Cat invented it. Everything since then has been an improved version for all the manufacturers. I don't see trailing arms or pogo sticks returning. A arms and spindles will be the future.

Back