• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New sidewinder questions

II think I have 4-5 hood pieces to remove to get to the fuse box. Yes the hardware is there but the access is not like two screws between two body panels. Not sure how they did it (1/4 pneumatic screw gun? . I guess it will be easier next time I'm going to try to install Pushpins for body hardware that's difficult to remove/hidden
You better watch this video.

stevewithOCD - thanks for your hood description I think I got it figured out... I wondered what those d-links were for .... these snow. all modern snowmobiles are new to me ....

stevewithOCD - thanks for your hood description I think I got it figured out... I wondered what those d-links were for .... these snow. all modern snowmobiles are new to me ....
You may also want to drill out all the rivets on the lower side panels and add rivet nuts to make them removable!!
It makes oil changes, chaincase and clutch maintenance easier and save you from having to clean up oil mess
20200629_095823.jpg

I went with Duraflex; rail mounted carbide-tipped. I wanted to be able to back up easily without bending scratcher and be able to cross RR tracks.

Yamamerc - Excellent, thank you I've been a subscriber to this forum these March when I got sled. I'll copy that thread onto my OneNote file. Number one on listhowever, is a lift for 665 lbs. 2-up sled and a idiots guide to snowmobile components and terminology. I feel the best source of information is the IPB.

I just read through the whole thing, what a great resource to have. Thanks for all the replies, what a great site!
It is a great site. If you become a VIP member for a few bucks a year that goes to keep the site up and running you can get access to factory service manuals also.

SAB, we're here for you and your 32 "Veteran" posts.
There are NO stupid questions, especially in the summer when were Jonesin' to type something.

Now we MAY have to work on your On-Line Grammar cuz i had to re-read your posts 6 times to figure out what the hell you were saying, but we're in this together.

Yamamerc - Excellent, thank you I've been a subscriber to this forum these March when I got sled. I'll copy that thread onto my OneNote file. Number one on listhowever, is a lift for 665 lbs. 2-up sled and a idiots guide to snowmobile components and terminology. I feel the best source of information is the IPB.

I have 2 of these lifts and they work well!! No problem lifting 665lbs I believe they have a 1000lbs rating. Try to find one with wheel so you can move around sled in garage when on lift!
I also made the manual hand crank to fit on a drill to raise and lower lift.
If you do this avoid using a impact to raise and lower. The hammering action off the Impact will damage the threads on the lift cylinder
https://www.amazon.ca/Extreme-Max-S...ocphy=1002441&hvtargid=pla-569447300590&psc=1

I just read through the whole thing, what a great resource to have. Thanks for all the replies, what a great site!

Also check out the sticky Master list of issues and fixes. Don't go crazy trying to fix them all before riding just be aware and if you have a issue it will help you figure it out better on a trail. It may look like a giant POS when you read through everything but just try to ride and enjoy they are fun sleds!

I have 2 of these lifts and they work well!! No problem lifting 665lbs I believe they have a 1000lbs rating. Try to find one with wheel so you can move around sled in garage when on lift!
I also made the manual hand crank to fit on a drill to raise and lower lift.
If you do this avoid using a impact to raise and lower. The hammering action off the Impact will damage the threads on the lift cylinder
https://www.amazon.ca/Extreme-Max-S...ocphy=1002441&hvtargid=pla-569447300590&psc=1
true I found this out

Back