• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cracked Inner Chain Case !!!!!!!!

Then I found this!!!!!

Attachments

• 34BC4A49-5871-4F19-AA4A-DD230ADC64D2.jpeg
    34BC4A49-5871-4F19-AA4A-DD230ADC64D2.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 212

I was going to say a good epoxy does wonders! I have used epoxy in race engines and ground into it to make ports bigger in cases and cylinders. I've never seen epoxy fail when its prepped properly. Amazing stuff!

20210117_191947.jpg
20210117_191919.jpg

This guy had a small fire from oil leaking from cracks. Oil was pooling up under the muffler.(probably saturated foam)

As much as I go on about the YamiCats sleds I hope you guy's get fixed up and are back on the trails soon, don't like seeing anyone missing trail time and planed sled trips.

Fixed mine over the last two days. I could not use the 3mScotch Weld as planed. I left it in the garage and had froze sometime since the fall of 17 when I did the rear heat exchanger protectors. I bought Devcon brand 2500 pound epoxy at the local hardware store. Applied a liberal amount to the crack inside chain case and smoothed it out once it started to set up. Allowed 12 hrs to set and cure, added a coat of Ultra Copper RTV today and buttoned up the chain case. Getting fluid on Tuesday at the local dealer, finish the button up and run her on the stand. I hope this fix will get me thru the season.

Must be?? sled is a 2020 and had 600km . Oil tank has never been opened
Tank never opened? That changes things a little.. Could be something from factory.. Or even a casting issue with this magnesium.. Obviously they have issues with it..

Buttoned up the chain case, filled with 16ozs. of fluid and ran on the stand. No leaks. I didn't put the back inside rivet on the lower plastic cover due to the fact it was tight against the inner case. ( Good design Cat) I've got a week long trip in Maine from 2/6 so that will tell the tale. I'm taking a bottle of chain case fluid with just in case!!!

Buttoned up the chain case, filled with 16ozs. of fluid and ran on the stand. No leaks. I didn't put the back inside rivet on the lower plastic cover due to the fact it was tight against the inner case. ( Good design Cat) I've got a week long trip in Maine from 2/6 so that will tell the tale. I'm taking a bottle of chain case fluid with just in case!!!
Great news. Hope it holds for you. I did a JB weld on mine. It was only a slight weep from a casting imperfection. Mine is holding. Sat in a trailer at -5 the other night. Got about 250 miles on and it’s holding oil. No leaks. I did put a layer of high temp silicon over the JB.

I'm sure I didn't hit any thing. Removed the plastic piece under the chain case, no marks in 8,300 miles. It will be a warranty job, just hope the dealer can get parts. Leaving for Maine on 2/6 for a week!
Hope we have more snow by feb..6th than we do now,depends on where in maine you plan to ride,northern maine caribou north has good conditions now,but cant say how long those will last? We need more snow.

How free flowing would anybody think the breather tube on the chaincase should be and if it was plugged what would be the weakest leak point

Back