• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

new sled project!!

STAIN

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 SIDEWINDER LTX GT
not sure if this is the right place for this subject but i just picked this up yesterday
GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

not sure how many are out there of if any parts can be had but it was too cool to pass up. it does run and drive. I need to clean it up and tidy up a few things, service it etc. I will probably take it on a few poker rides and to some some chicken bbq's

That is COOL. I have always wondered about those. That is a great find. Please keep us posted.

Stain....Manta Trail Roamer? Is that a matching cutter next to the sled?

Way to go on scoring that one. Or two. Old school is cool, but that sled is waaaay cool. If I remember right that model was only available for a couple of years.

I've got a riding buddy who's got a couple of Raiders and you're right, finding parts can be a challenge but that is part of the fun of working on these Vintage sleds.

I'm on a first name basis with a few local machine shops who help out with making some discontinued parts for my fleet of Vintage sleds.

Good luck with the sled and I'm sure that you'll be the envy of other riders next winter when you pull up with that bad boy at whatever events you decide to to run it in.

;)! ;)! :sled1:

Last edited:
Yup, Trail Roamer and a Trail Ryder cutter. Dont know if they where a matching set but I may paint the cutter to match. I guess their were only 500 of these roamers made.

Last edited:
Don or anyone, how are they to drive. Smooth? Quiet? Handle? Anyone know?

If anyone here has any info about these Trail Roamers I would be interested. old Dealers, paperwork, service info, previous owners etc. I would love to talk to someone with a bit of knowledge about these regarding service.

Raider, Manta & Trail Roamer ~ Revolutionizing the snowmobile industry
trailrmr2-300x165.jpg
This was the final twin track design that was produced by Bob Bracey under Three R Industries.
Year 2000, like the 1980’s Manta before it, still featured steering wheel design and foot pedals for the throttle and brake controls.

It came with a 725cc carbureted 4-stroke Kohler motor. Suspension with variable rate coil springs over gas shocks.

Load adjustable. This sled had electric start, reverse, mirrors, radio, high windshield, full adjustable suspension cockpit seat with back rest, cockpit heating, hitch, rear storage compartment, tilt steering wheel with impact collapsible shaft, fuel gauge, tachometer, speedometer, battery condition gauge, oil pressure gauge, low oil pressure engine warning, clock, parking brake, manual choke. All stainless fasteners.

Year 2001 came with 725cc fuel injected 4-stroke Kohler motor, but otherwise had all the same options as the 2000 model. There was talk of a 2002 model that was going to be released but the company closed down before it was made available to the public.

I have read all the internet stuff. I dont have bookface so i haven't joined that group. I would HATE to have join bookface!!!! Like to talk to someone with hands on experience. It will be fun

Last edited:
If you do any Restoration to the old girl Please post up some pictures . It would make a great summer project ;)!

There is a local guy here that has some ties to the company. I know he was thinking of buying what was left about 10 years ago and has a bunch of them. Mike Marek. I can get you in touch with him if you like.

That would be great. Much appreciated.

Stain....Manta Trail Roamer? Is that a matching cutter next to the sled?

Way to go on scoring that one. Or two. Old school is cool, but that sled is waaaay cool. If I remember right that model was only available for a couple of years.

I've got a riding buddy who's got a couple of Raiders and you're right, finding parts can be a challenge but that is part of the fun of working on these Vintage sleds.

I'm on a first name basis with a few local machine shops who help out with making some discontinued parts for my fleet of Vintage sleds.

Good luck with the sled and I'm sure that you'll be the envy of other riders next winter when you pull up with that bad boy at whatever events you decide to to run it in.

;)! ;)! :sled1:

Is your riding buddy’s Name Paul. I used to work at a Caterpillar Plant with Paul. And he was an avid Raider collector.

Is your riding buddy’s Name Paul. I used to work at a Caterpillar Plant with Paul. And he was an avid Raider collector.

Snorunner.....Paul is not my Raider riding buddy. My Raider bud used to work for Northwest Airlines as a Maintenance Machinist.

Back