• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New spring for Yamaha Secondary, no coil bind and better torsion

Nope, Tried all of Dalton's springs. I have tried every spring, You name the brand.....

This spring was specially designed because twist, wire diameter and sidepressure all needed to be specific.
That's what I wanted to hear
Will order it tomorrow

I recently ordered one for my Sidewinder which has Ulmer clutching in the primary. I also ordered the 33/35 helix I'm guessing go with a 3-3 wind. I'm debating a muffler and tune but really wondering if this spring will help out my 2011 Apex SE. Has xtx gearing with Ulmers clutching. Also running PC5 and Airbox mod but this sled still gets beat by my buddies 06 RTX. Even on top end. Will this orange spring help the Apex with better all around performance? It sure is frustrating when the RTX is running stock clutching except for a od sheave and 3 degree key what was the original Woodys Yamaha powerup kit for the Apex. Thanks for any help and advice

I just received my orange spring today. I'm going to be putting it in a bone stock Rtx sidewinder. We do no off trail riding, and just the occasional long high stoped run. Question is what wind should I be starting with for 90% trail 10% high speed?

I just received my orange spring today. I'm going to be putting it in a bone stock Rtx sidewinder. We do no off trail riding, and just the occasional long high stoped run. Question is what wind should I be starting with for 90% trail 10% high speed?

Set it at 3-3

I recently ordered one for my Sidewinder which has Ulmer clutching in the primary. I also ordered the 33/35 helix I'm guessing go with a 3-3 wind. I'm debating a muffler and tune but really wondering if this spring will help out my 2011 Apex SE. Has xtx gearing with Ulmers clutching. Also running PC5 and Airbox mod but this sled still gets beat by my buddies 06 RTX. Even on top end. Will this orange spring help the Apex with better all around performance? It sure is frustrating when the RTX is running stock clutching except for a od sheave and 3 degree key what was the original Woodys Yamaha powerup kit for the Apex. Thanks for any help and advice

Sidewinder, go with 3-3 on the wind.

This will help RX1's, Apex's, Vectors, Vipers and any other clutch setup that uses the Yamaha pink or white secondary spring. The spring should help with low and mid range, but because this spring won't bind anymore....you should see more top end. **** Because the spring tabs are in a different position on the orange spring from TP, instead of 6-1 or 6-2, you will be 2-3 or 3-3. ****

Sidewinder, go with 3-3 on the wind.

This will help RX1's, Apex's, Vectors, Vipers and any other clutch setup that uses the Yamaha pink or white secondary spring. The spring should help with low and mid range, but because this spring won't bind anymore....you should see more top end. **** Because the spring tabs are in a different position on the orange spring from TP, instead of 6-1 or 6-2, you will be 2-3 or 3-3. ****

so you are saying that this will help my clutch performance on my (other than clutching) 2011 apex xtx?

Ok some times admittedly I jump into things and don't always look things over before pull down. I put my spring in today and after install I have an 1/8th inch play in my secondary on the shaft. But t is tight. Question is that how it was supposed to be?First yamaha I've pulled down.

so you are saying that this will help my clutch performance on my (other than clutching) 2011 apex xtx?

Yes, if you are currently running the pink or white secondary spring....no matter what setup you have, it should help out.

Ok some times admittedly I jump into things and don't always look things over before pull down. I put my spring in today and after install I have an 1/8th inch play in my secondary on the shaft. But t is tight. Question is that how it was supposed to be?First yamaha I've pulled down.

The play is float on your secondary. This allows the secondary to move with the belt. This is normal

Trying the orange secondary tuff guy spring on my 06 Apex what do you recommend setting it at it has air box mod ,headers, pc3, ignition module,cr10 ek plugs ,23 top gear ulmers clutch kit thanks

Trying the orange secondary tuff guy spring on my 06 Apex what do you recommend setting it at it has air box mod ,headers, pc3, ignition module,cr10 ek plugs ,23 top gear ulmers clutch kit thanks

3-3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I set it at 3-3 saw only 1 button out of three touching the helix ramps the bottons are new do you think someone wrong with helix

As long as you did the wrap clockwise. I would run it and let buttons wear in. Take a short ride and check buttons and the will most likely be touching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back