• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New SxS

A 1000 hmmm...........So what do you all think it is? A two cylinder or a three cylinder? I am thinking they are using the 998, cammed and calibrated for more lower end tourque, especially if they are running a belt drive!

A 1000 hmmm...........So what do you all think it is? A two cylinder or a three cylinder? I am thinking they are using the 998, cammed and calibrated for more lower end tourque, especially if they are running a belt drive!
Nahh, it was listed as a 2 cyl 107hp on the EPA site

It should be a torque monster then!

And much cheaper to build, one less of everything needed to for an internal combustion engine. I’m sure they will pass the savings on to you.
Industry has been pushing less cylinders in their engines for years now, claiming the “more torque” card. More torque is easily achieved through gearing. Same ultimate vehicle speed because smaller bore and stroke cylinders inherently can run more rpm.
More cylinders have always been better for power, runs much smoother and more efficient by design in a gasoline engine.
I’ll take a triple over a twin cylinder any day.

So looks like staying with Wolverine X4 850, RMAX to tall to go in garage by a few inches. Does look sweet and nice suspension.

Last edited:
So looks like staying with Wolverine X4 850, RMAX to tall to go in garage by a few inches. Does look sweet and nice suspension.
Sounds like you need a bigger garage door, haha

Yeah that must be one short door. My little 7 footer has about 79" clearance.
Mine is 79" also, the new 1000 Rmax is 83" without a roof, the 850 X4 is 78" without a roof. My lifted golf cart is 78" with the roof.

Guess I read the specs wrong. Thought it was under 78"...
If thats the case, I didn't buy a tall enough trailer after all...

I thought it was 77"

Just went and looked, you had me nervous as I have 7 foot doors also. Rmax 4 is 83, Rmax 2 is 77.8.....good thing I ordered the 2

I want the x4. My house downstate and my cottage up north both 7’ doors. 850 will do just fine since have to have a 4 seater. Dealer up north has a 2020 blue x4 with windshield, roof and custom wheels for 18k otd. Will see what port will do on 2021 like equipped in grey before making final decision.

I want the x4. My house downstate and my cottage up north both 7’ doors. 850 will do just fine since have to have a 4 seater. Dealer up north has a 2020 blue x4 with windshield, roof and custom wheels for 18k otd. Will see what port will do on 2021 like equipped in grey before making final decision.

The X series are great machines. I have a X2 and it's a solid machine. My only 2 knocks are I'm a bigger guy and it's a bit awkward getting in and out. Once in there it's fine other than the shoulder bolster being a little snug for my shoulder width. And second the suspension isn't as smooth as the competition. I hear disconnecting the swaybars is a big improvement. I'm never one to turn down more hp but honestly I've never had trouble keeping up in the trails we ride. My group are spirited riders so the suspension only bothers me when I'm out with them, leisurely rides it is fine. And it goes through anything, never had to winch it like I do in the YXZ.
I'm sure you'll love the X4, it's a great machine

Back