• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to 4-Stroke and to Yamaha

Awesome thanks for warm welcome
thanks for the Tip Biff,
Mooseman, i've just started on going over the faq's its a pretty vast collection of articles. :)

I probably ride the same terrain as you, any questions go ahead and ask.

If you are flatlanding I HIGHLY recommend a clutch kit. My phazer over-revved like hell until I did the clutch kit. I used Ulmer racing primary kit, and my own custom secondary set up.

Seriously it will totally transform your sled. Yammi has always had efficient clutches but seriously they #*$&@ the bed with the phazer box stock

Thanks Mike, For the most part i ride around candle and porcupine.. i did have one weird thing happen tho the other day. i was doing a donut and then the engine stopped. it said i had low oil pressure on the screen. i check the oil there was lots.. i then hit reset on the screen and the warning went away.
what gives...

which clutch kit did you use?

havent had that happen to me before. Do you know when the oil/filter was changed last?

I used Ulmer Racing primary kit.

I used a secondary off a 95 Vmax600 for my secondary and polished the hell out of the helix. Works so good but had to get a spacer machined.

I dont even know what a 2015 secondary looks like, if they changed to the reverse-style (like I have) or not...

I did A LOT of stuff to my sled and in hindsight I wish I would have gone with these guys from the start... call them if you are thinking about any upgrades

http://www.schmidtbrosmotorsports.com/yamaha-phazer-clutch-kits/

the oil and filter have not ben changed yet. i haven't reached the 500km on the engine break ing yet i'm only at 192

Back