• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Tuner Skis, not really any improvement?

I'm trying a pair of Triple Threat skis this year...should be delivered today. I'm debating whether to go with Shaper or Deuce bars for them.
I had the triple threat with shaper bars on my rush and they were great,shaper bars last forever too

I am not to impressed with the new Tuner's . Waiting to see if our XTX LE is going to have different skis then the XTX SE once it arrives. In some of the spring pictures Yamaha shows different skis, but i know how they change things. Probably going to upgrade the Vipers to Slydogs 8". We used them on the last sleds and I loved them, they worked excellent for off trail and not to bad for trail to.

For those of us who ride trail the wdth is less of an issue, I like the deeper keel and hope to have it track true and RAIL
Yamadoo

maybe a set of usi triple threats if these don't cut it,had them on my rush and really liked them

Currently there is alot of confusion out there on the Tuner skis - Here's the best info I currently have and some day when I have full confidence in all the info on these I will try to do an updated post.

The 2013/2014 FX Nytro models and the US and Canada accessory divisions have been selling what most people have known as the Tuner (8JH) ski the last few seasons. These skis have been 150mm (6" inch) wide and had a 21mm (.82") keel depth.

Next came the production 2014/2015 Tuner (8HW) skis found on the Apex, Vector, and Venture sleds - these were 135mm (5.3") wide and also had a 21mm (.82") keel depth. The narrower width was needed on these sleds for production as different states require the manufacturers to meet a width requirement which on these models the original 150mm wide style didn't pass.

The Tuner skis on the production 2015 Viper will be coming with a 135mm (5.3") width and a 26mm (1") keel depth. The 135mm width allows them to pass the production width requirements and also to note for the Viper application the ski bolt hole is in a location 9mm different from the Tuners used on the other models.

There will also be a Viper Tuner ski sold next fall by the accessory divisions that will be 150mm (6") wide with a 26mm (1") keel depth with the bolt hole location intended for Vipers.

With all the options above consumers will likely need to pay attention to which versions they are looking at as mix/matching most likely will be an issue. Also expecting all the versions above to be offered in colors for next fall so customizing your sleds look will also be an option.

Kevin....can you post the differences / changes in the tuner 3 skis from above please

My 2016 ltx-dx has skis with molded loops, non-removeable style.Is this the Tuner 2 or 3?

Aside from New skis, what can I do to help stop the "push then grab" of the Tuner 2s?

Back