• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Vector, Need Advice

Lalonde174

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Yamaha rs Vector l-tx gt
Hello everyone, I just bought a 2010 rs Vector l-tx gt, and I'd just like any advice I can get in terms of if anyone know what any problems are with the sled, I need to know if there is anything I should look for or change in case this model has any problems, I know that the primary clutch is loud on all these sleds and is there anyway I can make it quieter?

Thanks, jake

image.jpeg

There are, but usually only last for a short while, so not worth it in my opinion. The clutch is only noisy at idle anyhow, so pound the throttle and forget about it. Welcome to the site, see you on the A trail.

Welcome to the site. Some upgrades I would do is HID lights and maybe hand and thumb warmer booster, Skis with Slim Jim Duallys or just the dually on the stock ski. Other then that, the Vectors are great sleds and usually pretty trouble free.

There are, but usually only last for a short while, so not worth it in my opinion. The clutch is only noisy at idle anyhow, so pound the throttle and forget about it. Welcome to the site, see you on the A trail.

Ok thank you

Welcome to the site. Some upgrades I would do is HID lights and maybe hand and thumb warmer booster, Skis with Slim Jim Duallys or just the dually on the stock ski. Other then that, the Vectors are great sleds and usually pretty trouble free.

Thank you for your help

Hello everyone, I just bought a 2010 rs Vector l-tx gt, and I'd just like any advice I can get in terms of if anyone know what any problems are with the sled, I need to know if there is anything I should look for or change in case this model has any problems, I know that the primary clutch is loud on all these sleds and is there anyway I can make it quieter?

Thanks, jake

Welcome ! I feel your sled is one of the best trail sleds made. 2010 had many upgrades. I will list a few good subjects to research to make it better.

Ski's : I like a wider ski for flotation on these front heavy strokes, but you can make the stock ones work just fine!

Carbides on stock ski's : the Slim Jim's are very good like Mr Sled suggested, Snow trackers work excellent, Bergstrom Triple points are awesome, Shaper bars with the Half pipe mod work well too!

Shim's on the ski rubbers: cure for Darting !

Soft start Primary spring: Smooth starts with no lost of top end , look under Barn of parts He has them cheap!

2" riser for the Handle Bars: excellent upgrade and not to pricey

Dual rate springs for the Mono shock: Best upgrade I did for the rear suspension!

over sized Idler Wheels: cut down on slider wear!

Research how to set them up to rail the corners: Do a search or just Ask if you can't find it.

HID head lights: Very good upgrade if you ride at night!

I'm sure people will add to the list ! LOL !

You can spend a lot of money or very little it depends on what you like to do.

Enjoy one of the best sleds made!!

Forgot a few things.. look at all the sticky notes on top of the RS forum ton's of good advice. one Important thing is If your going to stud the track make sure to add some UHMW to the back end of the tunnel protectors or you will tear up the back cooler .

Welcome ! I feel your sled is one of the best trail sleds made. 2010 had many upgrades. I will list a few good subjects to research to make it better.

Ski's : I like a wider ski for flotation on these front heavy strokes, but you can make the stock ones work just fine!

Carbides on stock ski's : the Slim Jim's are very good like Mr Sled suggested, Snow trackers work excellent, Bergstrom Triple points are awesome, Shaper bars with the Half pipe mod work well too!

Shim's on the ski rubbers: cure for Darting !

Soft start Primary spring: Smooth starts with no lost of top end , look under Barn of parts He has them cheap!

2" riser for the Handle Bars: excellent upgrade and not to pricey

Dual rate springs for the Mono shock: Best upgrade I did for the rear suspension!

over sized Idler Wheels: cut down on slider wear!

Research how to set them up to rail the corners: Do a search or just Ask if you can't find it.

HID head lights: Very good upgrade if you ride at night!

I'm sure people will add to the list ! LOL !

You can spend a lot of money or very little it depends on what you like to do.

Enjoy one of the best sleds made!!

Thank you for the suggestions

Thank you for the suggestions
How many miles on your sled? Check for play in the A-arm and torsion rod bushings. Also check for play at the bolt that connects the ski to the spindle.

As mentioned, the Vector is a great sled! Lots of of great suggestions above and lots of great people on this site willing to help!

How many miles on your sled? Check for play in the A-arm and torsion rod bushings. Also check for play at the bolt that connects the ski to the spindle.

As mentioned, the Vector is a great sled! Lots of of great suggestions above and lots of great people on this site willing to help!

2010 vector with 6250km on it

welcome....and just a couple items to check, have had a few vectors in the family fleet. a couple things to check at your mileage are the front end bushings and exhaust donuts. and front end set-up will make a world of difference in handling also. we have run snowtrackers on all of them FYI

welcome....and just a couple items to check, have had a few vectors in the family fleet. a couple things to check at your mileage are the front end bushings and exhaust donuts. and front end set-up will make a world of difference in handling also. we have run snowtrackers on all of them FYI

Ok thank you

Back