• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Yamahas...

Hmmmm ... funny , seems all the "guage cluster" pics are gone from the Yammy site galleries ???

Hey gunner...the savings is more than that. Check my post. The savings is about $1400 but you are correct....warranty work would be a PITA.

Simich, not sure on the math conversion or the cross border costs you've included onto the US sled, but $1400 sounds excessive.
Now if the dollar goes to .90US, that might be a consideration...
still the warrantee on a grey market sled would be a pita for sure.
:itchy:

I bought a trailer last year from Michigan so this is what I have learned. You are get exempt from paying state tax because you do not live in the state. You still have to cough up $180 at the border (Import Fee) plus pay the GST before you bring it in to Canada. Then (after it gets inspected) you license it at an MTO and pay your PST there in order to plate it.

So you still pay 15% Taxes PLUS $180 Import however, the US/CAN exchange rate is where the savings takes place.

Check....

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/m5?a=1&s=USD&t=CAD

Yamaha Canada and the Canadian dealers have screwed us the last two years as they are converting at about $1.40 rather than $1.20. When this was brought up last year all theyu did was smile.

Jim

Back