• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nitro vs Viper

Vmax

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Arctic Cat ZR 6000 El Tigre
I know the engine is the same but the exhaust is different so which one wins in a race.

I have stock and unstudded 137" viper and I beat my buddies clutched and studded 136" Nytro.

Is that from start to finish? What has made the Viper faster than the Nitro over time with the same motor, the sled frame?

I've personally never had the chance to run a Nytro when my XTX was stock, But I would have bet I would have lost, as it really hit a wall at 88mph (speedo and GPS). With the Big Thunder Clutching, Can, and Airbox mod I've walked away from both nytros I've run, not sure if they were stock or modded. With the mods I have I can see 90+ under most conditions and It will climb to 102-103 on GPS given enough room on hard pack. The one guy I raced said he was surprised my "Yamacat" did well over 100mph since he said I was pulling away from him at 101 on his Nytro, my Viper only showed 96 that run. A Viper gives a false sense of "slow" because the speedo is almost dead on compared to 10%+ fast on Nytro/Phazer/older Apex. My Phazer is gear limited at "85 mph", my Viper shows 77 running side by side with it, and so does GPS.

Yea I had a sled length from start to finish. clutching gearing and the biggest difference is the track. I feel that the Ripsaw II is 100x better than the ripsaw on the Nytro.

Not sure about the Nytro but I heard of many that have both the Vector and Viper say that the Vector is faster.

I am a proud owner of a Vector LTX and a Viper LTX, and it is pretty close. We played on the lake, and when we ran out of lake, the Viper was leading, but the Vector was gaining. Any speed difference might simply be attributed to the fact that I weighed 75 lbs more than the guy on the Vector. What is interesting though is that my Viper speedo said 94-95 and his Vector said 104. Both of us had GPS readings in the 94-95 range. For what it is worth, the speedo on a Vector is an old fashioned "dream meter", and the speedo on a Viper is spot on.

I agree with all these guys. You ride a Nytro and think holy cow is this thing faster than my Viper but then when racing it is all in the mods. Best way to be safe though is find the most whooped out trail you can and line up. Then the Viper will absolutely kill even a Turbo Nytro. Even a very short distance. Its fun!

I am a proud owner of a Vector LTX and a Viper LTX, and it is pretty close. We played on the lake, and when we ran out of lake, the Viper was leading, but the Vector was gaining. Any speed difference might simply be attributed to the fact that I weighed 75 lbs more than the guy on the Vector. What is interesting though is that my Viper speedo said 94-95 and his Vector said 104. Both of us had GPS readings in the 94-95 range. For what it is worth, the speedo on a Vector is an old fashioned "dream meter", and the speedo on a Viper is spot on.

I have heard the Vector is faster on top end so it makes sense that the Vector was gaining when at top speed.

Back