• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

nitrous obviously Bit of adivce

woowoo16

i need a bit of adivce. im willing to add a shot of nitrous to my phazer. had it for 300 km and i really need something more some times. i found a kit searching. heres the link

http://www.straightlineperformance.com/ ... cts_id=309

im very fimiliar with turbos so i know the important of proper afr. as far as i know this is a wet kit since you have to tap into the fuel line. Iv never actually used nitrous but is a 30 shot to big for a phazer?
how will it affect the reliability?
is it going to constantly bounce off the rev limiter?
how long does a bottle generally last?
with this kit i see its noted there is no bottle included, so the bottle would have to be purchased seperatly so roughtly 1000 bucks for the entire thing?

a few answers would be nice :) thanks guys

ps : 2007 phazer mountain

Well first thing how is the availibity of nitrous in your area. Some places dont like filling the small bottles.

You will need to do some clutching because the stock clutching on the phazer is lacking and does over pretty badly stock.

I have a holtzman kit and it works fine for me.

Otter

Im available to nitrous but its about an hours drive so i was thinking maybe 2 5lb bottls so i can fill them both up mounted on the rear of the snowmobile. ( one at a time not both of them )

I havent looking into clutching much but would you tell me what would have to be upgraded ( i know this would sound really stupid to someone with any knowledge ) but im a car guy just trying to transfer what i know into the sled world

Go to boondockers web site and check out there nitrous kit. They mount a 2.5 lb bottle in the nose of the machine might be another option for you. to mount the bottle. You will lose a fair amount of nitrous just thru the long line to the bottle mounted in the back of the machine. My advice to you is get some books on clutching and start reading how everything works. Or go out and buy a clutch kit from some one like ulmer or schmidt bros and save money on parts and your time.

otter

Okay id also like ot use the kit mentioned above for 2 reasons

1) cost- this is a big factor
2) id prefer a wet kit over an efi controled dry one.

i never thugh about the lines losing nitrous pressure though

another quick question. the bottle is usually 1200-900 psi right? so is the line pressureized to the fuel control unit to 900 psi as well or is there a bottle regulator somewhere there?

Also generally how long does a bottle last 5-6 wot passes for 5-10 seconds? or a couple minutes ?

I was suggesting looking at how boondocker mounts the 2.5lb bottle they use, not there whole set up. The 1.7 lb bottles are pricey.
Holtzmans kit regulates nitrous pressure in the nozzles. Boss noss uses a regulator after there solenoids . Nozzles are usally rated in grams per sec. So on the phazer with the 30hp shot and 1.7 lb bottle it is like 60 secs or so.

so is a 30 shot safe/reliable? im trying to be able to use a bigger bottle such as 4-5 lbs because i have to travel an hour to have it filled. but if i have to get a smaller bottle, ill consider buying the 20lb refilling station.

Yes, a 30 shot is safe for the Phazer. Holtzman systems do not require a bottle heater so pressure is not a factor.

I have 10 lbs. bottles that I fill and take with me when snowmobiling, takes 30 seconds to fill a bottle in a hotel room and all you need is a scale.

This way you only have to run to the nitrous supplier 1 time instead of 4 or 5 times.

PM me with any questions you have on filling a bottle yourself from a 10 lbs. bottle.

one more question, i was thinking about running in a 500 mod class ( this includes a bunch of modded f5 and stuff ) most of them are stock 105 hp+. So i was thinking how safe would the upgraded 50 hp nozzle be on pump gas or race gas. im just trying not to blow up the phazer :)

Back