• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No Slip drive sprockets

Tbyrd said:
wahl Bros racing.com

I have 8 tooth Wahl Bros on mine.

are they really nessasary on a phazer? i thought the anti rachet drivers where for big hp sleds with lots of traction.

yamahas said:
are they really nessasary on a phazer? i thought the anti rachet drivers where for big hp sleds with lots of traction.

I agree as I run my track LOOSE with over 1" of slack with no weight dangling and have no issues with ratcheting and that was my Maverick in deep sticky snow. Even coming down on hard pack off a jump didn't cause it to ratchet.

I would not say their 'necessary' but I went with a 1.75 Challenger track that runs on the outside nubs, not the inside ones like most track do.
So the anti-ratchets were necessary.

with over 8000 miles on my machine the drivers we half worn so it made sense. I've had mine ratchet a few times and had to tighten things up, now I can run it real loose witch also helps with hyfax wear. Witch we all know can be a problem on these sleds.

yes if you are changing them might as well upgrade don't go back to stock.

This is for a project I am slowly working on with a newer A/C skid. I haven't quite got the positioning right yet either and this type is especially sensitive to over-tightening the track. It makes the transfer blocks hit sooner and restricts the travel. I'll get it, there are a lot of test holes in the tunnel, but I will make it happen. For some reason, redesigning the wheel seems easier.

Ahh, Good reason for Extros then..... Well maybe not.... Phazer skid = great design, Factory Phazer shocks = Garbage no matter which model, Yamaha engineers were NEVER good at shock calibrations.

AC skid is better than a Phazer skid.Where do you all think yamaha got the design from?AC floats in front also.Rfr is that the type skid you are putting in?

Back