• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

None turbo guys what fuel are you running?

Alpha

Expert
I assume my sled came with 87 and when i picked it up. Even the sticker says 87 I switched to 91 or 93 after the first tank. I noticed that it did not back fire as much and I also started to blurp the throttle every time I slowed down and when I did that it did not backfire anymore.

It also started allot better on warm starts. It seems this engine/ecu is pretty sensitive to fuel. I filled up in a blizzard and got just a tiny bit of snow in the tank. Well it ran like #*$&@ until the next fill up.

With so many having these issues and electrical issues and reading that our sleds might have a sensitive electrical system I wonder if i'm problem free because of the fuel and I plug it on the trickle when its not ridden?

2400 miles, almost all have been on 87

I always run 87. I never use kill switch and always let it idle.down before I shut it off. To start I always turn key a let it cycle than turn key until it starts.

Ran 87 but 91 the motor seems smoother and doesn't backfire. Running 91 from now on, don't care what the manual says.

bottlerocket said:
Why is it back firing?
did it a couple of times on fuel that I got from a gas station other than petro-Canada or esso , tried 91 oct and right away the motor felt smoother.

Back