• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Gas Tank ?

uphigh

Extreme
I have an 08 Nytro with a NW Turbo Kit. The Gas tank leaks. Does anyone know what kind of plastic the oem tank is made of? I'd like to try to fix it instead of getting a trail tank. I was planning on spending the $ on some skid mods. Not a new tank ( $500+ by the time I get it ).

Take it to a plastic welder, they would know how to fix properly.

Took the tank to a plastic welding company. They tried welding it, but the plastic was contaminated with gas so it won't weld. :die :o| ;):D
I guess I'm buying a trail tank! :drink:

Ya' There has been a ton of them floating around here, and ebay. Probably no more then $25 for a lot of them I saw.

uphigh said:
Took the tank to a plastic welding company. They tried welding it, but the plastic was contaminated with gas so it won't weld. :die :o| ;):D
I guess I'm buying a trail tank! :drink:

I had the same problem with my stock modified tank. If the plastic welder won't work, there is not much you can do. I tried repairing mine with a few products and after a few days it would be leaking again. And if you do try to repair it, don't leave it in the house while you take off for the weekend, it kind of stinks and stains your lino when it starts leaking again. :drink:

Good advice! The welder told me that the only thing that will stick to HDPE(high density polyethelene) is HDPE. Can't be glued period!
The problem with using s take off tank is the plastic is already contaminated with gas. Can't be welded.

once I used a battery repair kit to fix the tank on my srx and it worked. I'm not sure if they still make the repair kits though.

Back