• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro owners with bent front ends only!!!

nate007 said:
Allen,
What are the current aftermarket options for the FX chassis, arms and all? Is there stuff that you have?

Nate, as soon as we receive a production 2009 model we will be looking at making a "front end kit" to convert 2008's to the 2009 geometry. Until we get a sled I will not know if it is feesible to try to produce an update kit ourselves.

Easy Rider said:
Where did you get your oilite bushings for your Nitro? Did the same thing with our Doos. Replaced the plastic with bronze bushings and REALLY tightened up the front end. Might as well get the parts replaced with 'good stuff' before the snow flies.

We machined the bushings in house here at Ulmer Racing. The FX Nytro kit is $75 + shipping.

Srxspec said:
nate007 said:
Allen,
What are the current aftermarket options for the FX chassis, arms and all? Is there stuff that you have?

Nate, as soon as we receive a production 2009 model we will be looking at making a "front end kit" to convert 2008's to the 2009 geometry. Until we get a sled I will not know if it is feesible to try to produce an update kit ourselves.

Easy Rider said:
Where did you get your oilite bushings for your Nitro? Did the same thing with our Doos. Replaced the plastic with bronze bushings and REALLY tightened up the front end. Might as well get the parts replaced with 'good stuff' before the snow flies.

We machined the bushings in house here at Ulmer Racing. The FX Nytro kit is $75 + shipping.

If Ulmers gonna spend the time to make a front end kit, are you saying that in your opinion Yamaha will not be making a front end kit / fix for the 08 owners?

[quote="Srxspec as soon as we receive a production 2009 model we will be looking at making a "front end kit" to convert 2008's to the 2009 geometry. Until we get a sled I will not know if it is feesible to try to produce an update kit ourselves.

08 & 09 arms fit in 08 & 09 front clips, front clip is beefed up and all the parts will be on a microfiche to order,

to convert everything, a guy would need to order from your dealer or whoever.
upper arms, lower arms, upper arm collars, spindles, lower bolt & washers to connect. ( lower arm to spindle, it's different for 09 longer bolt& thicker washer) also you would need tie rods, ski rubbers and depending on what model a different sway bar and bushings.

The a arms would come with bushings & ball joints also for 09 the bushings are the same size for upper & lower arms.

Srxspec said:
Easy Rider said:

Thank you sir. I'll contact you and get a set ordered up. :Rockon:

I am thinking about getting a set of these oilite bushings and also adding grease zerts. to the A-arms. Anyone do this with success. I was looking at a YZF450 at the dealer and the front end had zerts everywhere, every pivot point. Seems like it couldn't hurt.

I also think that worn out bushings/joints contributed to the bending of the frames. An impact load is typically for more destructive than a static load. Just look at the concept of a hammer. Not that slop is the root cause but I think it made the situation worse.

Yes, I did exactly what you are considering Got Apex. It isn't a difficult job and the front end is rock solid. The stock plastic bushings are junk.

Thanks AK, did you use thread in or weld in zerts? Sorry for the hijacking. However I think all of it, from everyone, is good info to have. Looks like I'll have to add this to the to-do list before snow.

do we know if the balljoints are updated? I'm looking around now at sleds after I sold my 08 and there really isn't anything I want to buy. There wa alot of good things about the sled all in all. Do we know if the wet left boot problem is fixed? I would really like to see a 09 and 08 front clip side be side in a picture. What about the slider eating problem?

NB-NYTRO said:
do we know if the balljoints are updated? I'm looking around now at sleds after I sold my 08 and there really isn't anything I want to buy. There wa alot of good things about the sled all in all. Do we know if the wet left boot problem is fixed? I would really like to see a 09 and 08 front clip side be side in a picture. What about the slider eating problem?

If you want an 08 I have an RTX that might be of interest to you :)

NB-NYTRO said:
I wouldn't touch an 08 with a 10ft pole. I'll buy the supercharger kit though if you want to sell it..

Haha neither would I hence mine is forsale.

Got Apex RTX? said:
Thanks AK, did you use thread in or weld in zerts? Sorry for the hijacking. However I think all of it, from everyone, is good info to have. Looks like I'll have to add this to the to-do list before snow.

I personally threaded mine in. It took some time but I've had no problems.

My dealer had issues with the stock a-arms bending on his race sleds and was very concerned with putting additional heat into the a-arms to weld in braces. That being the case, I wouldn't weld in the zerk fittings. My dealer threaded them in.

Same here in Sweden! Tweaked subframe, toasted balljoints, A-arm bushings etc.. i´ve heard many here has the same problem. Yamaha will deliver the balljoints, but nothing else...

Back