• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro RTX center shock blown!

kurzy

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
'08 40th. Anniversary Nytro RTX
Just bought a 08 Nytro RTX 40th. An. I took it home to swap the track and found the center shock is burst below the adjustment threads. Is this a common problem? Iwas under the impression these things are built to launch. The replacements are very expensive, and the aftermarkets are worse. I weigh 175# and I hope I can make the stock ones work.

Your sled is four years old, and the problem with anything that "made to launch" is that people will launch them. Nothing can be pounded on forever without showing some wear.

It's a shame you didn't notice the problem before you bought it, cause you probably could've knocked enough off the price to pay for a new shock.

Fair enough, Ijust hope I can find something that will last. I'm no snow-crosser, I just want something that will take some agressive riding.

look around , there are several shock tuning centers on this website, in the little bit of searching I did I found that some of them had several used shocks at good prices. Or look at z-broz website they sell there own exit shocks and they are not terribly priced. Good luck to you.

Get a Fox Zero Pro. $220 at Carver I think valved to your liking. It won't have the res. or rebound adjustment but I doubt you'll notice. If you decide latter on that you want to add a res. you can. In fact, talk to the shock house you choose, you may be able to use the stock res. just ditch the steel IFP.

Check classifieds on this site seen some 08 part outs lately. I have seen a xtx shock on a friends sled buldge out. Not sure how common it is .

I lost the banjo bolt that connects the line to the shock and the rebound doesn't click anymore. Also the bottom threads for the premise stripped... She's at the dealer now... Good thing I took the Y.E.S plan!!

If I can get a stock one and have it rebuilt/valved I will. There is a guy in Buckhorn- XLRacing that I was referred to. If not I did have my eye on that Fox zero-pro. It would be great if the res. could be retro-fit. Thanks for all the input, I'm new to the site and to 4-strokes and i appretiate the help. Seems like quite the community.

This is a very common issue with the RTX. The fix for this is a HyFlo hose, I personally have seen this issue multiple times on some RTX's I have worked on. HyGear can tell you all about it, the hose from the shock to the resi is too small and creates extremely high amounts of pressure in the main shock body, that results in blown banjo fittings, burst shock bodies, and un fixable damage. You could replace the shock with something like a Axis or Fox. I had HyGear add the larger hose to my buddies sled and no issues since.

stopdropanroll said:
09nytro said:
Will hygear just sell the hose I can do it myself

Shock needs to be machined to use the hose, also new oil and nitrogen.
I got all the tools to do shock do them all the time didn't know shock needs to be machined , I guess i will just keep changing oil every year , Haven't had a problem yet

shock rebild or replacment

shock tec in cambridge ont.Just sent all 3 to him from barrie ont 17 bucks shipping. he rebuilds repairs and sells new. Overnight repair. Great guy!
www shock tec
you wont be dissapointed

Back