• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro skid plate-news?

I ended up glueing in a piece of styrofoam in the inside of the plate before installing. I put it in before the stock skid plate. my theory was that snow around the A arms wouldn't pack in there putting pressure on the chinsy mounting bolts. so far so good. Hope this makes sense.

Attachments

• 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 104

KINS said:
Mine just popped off. :o|

My dealer mechanic left me with the impression that I used the wrong drill bit because a metric size bit is recommended.

I'll let him reinstall it and then if it comes off again, I guess Yamaha will be doing a free reinstall.

I've been waiting for the past 10 days for some prefilter material to arrive. Perhaps that will help my problem go away.

I'm guessing that the engineering of these skid plates did not account for the pressure resulting from the expansion of the water and snow as it freezes between the plate and belly pan. I don't know if there will be an easy fix based on the current design.

I hope I have better luck after my dealer reinstalls it because I feel naked without a skid plate. :moon:

Hey Kins, maybe Yamaha will give you a new one that MATCHES your sled :tg:

Goddo said:
Hey Kins, maybe Yamaha will give you a new one that MATCHES your sled :tg:

Thanks Goddo, that reminds me I need an appointment to get my eyes checked.

With my yellow skidplate off I guess my yellow hand guards are going to look out of place now.

Towerrigger has a good idea. Certainly worth a try.

Back