• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

nytro small fuel tank

I moved the tail light, put a Kolpin JR 1.5gal on the back of my xtx.
Only needed it once but sure glad I had it.
Note... Re-direct your exhaust, don't blow yourself up.

Attachments

• DSCN5182.jpg
    DSCN5182.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 150

90mi is the most i can reliably get. i went the Yami caddie route.
P3080056.JPG

fyi, you can get about 20mi of easy cruising with the low fuel light on. i have confirmed this...

mewaschuk said:
P3080056.JPG

fyi, you can get about 20mi of easy cruising with the low fuel light on. i have confirmed this...

Use caution when testing the limits of your fuel. My MTX runs out with 1 bar still on the gauge. Sucks to find that out the hard way and have to get fuel from someones sled.

I hate lacking fuel. Running a trail tank this year. Plus no taillight and tunnel dump exhaust so even with my shorty I can fit plenty of fuel on back.

The first year ran with stock tank. Had to get pulled in once, borrowed some from a buddies spare can next time and always had to watch fuel. 2nd year installed trail tank and love it. No more watching fuel level and now have extra fuel to pull buddies in when they run out.
When you run in built up areas no problem as there is always fuel. In out lying areas in northern Ontario or running long loops in Quebec that you don't know you need the extra reserve. One wrong turn and have to double back and your done.
We also do a lot of week long loops with backpacks or saddlebags and the last thing I want is two Jerry cans hanging on my running boards.

xf800spro said:
Just picked up my XTX 2011 and the first thing I did is a tailight relocate and add the ski-doo gas caddie on the back that way I can take the can if we are going out in the back country, thought about the trail tank but it's alot of money for 3gal.

I tried to do this with an exhaust turnout. The skidoo jerry can butts against the turnout. Plus the can hangs over the rear. Do you have any pictures?

mewaschuk said:
P3080056.JPG

I got 26 mi on the gas light and ran out 300 ft from the gas pump.... pissed me off :die lol. ODO said 124 on the tank so.....

Tour Buddy

I put a Tour Buddy on last year and rode 4200 miles with it.
It works flawlessly. It doesn't look very good but is functional.
If you don't want to carry the extra fuel you don't have to fill up the Tour Buddy. Also, the fuel is pulled from the Tour Buddy first so you lose the weight in the rear of the sled first. I have the FX Nytro and the taillight is slightly tucked under the fuel tank so it fills with snow so you have to remember to clear it off occasionally.

Hey xf800spro that is exactly what I was thinking of doing. Can you please take more pictures and post, especially from the rear. Does the gas can heat up at all?

Here you go mshanks, I have to get a turn out, the sled is brand new havn't ridden it yet.

Attachments

• 2011%20sled%20006-164x164.jpg
    2011%20sled%20006-164x164.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 723
xf800spro said:
Here you go mshanks, I have to get a turn out, the sled is brand new havn't ridden it yet.

I see you did not use the bottom mounting bracket. They add to the height of the can. I will try putting on the can w/o the mounting brackets.
Have not relocatted teh taillight yet, just took if off so far.

Back