• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro top speed

what are we supposed to be running at for rpm???

im biting at 8400 and climbing out to 8900 rpms, im wondering if i should adjust or wait until we get better conditions...

i mean everything seems to be right but just wondering about the rpms, and i have to add 96 studs so im hoping i still pull the gearing and clutching im running now...

New personal best this weekend - 171km/h on the speedo. Didn't make notice of the engine rpms though. I was concentrating pretty hard on making it to the other side of the lake! Lake was basically bare ice with 1cm of snow on top. Stock sled, 114 studs.

Just ran 84mph in 1000 ft in 40 degree temps with soft snow. Also had full saddle bags and tank bag on sled.

well i was able to confirm that im definetly going in the right direction with the gearing/clutching on my sled.

lined up twice with 2 other nytros both xtx's

from a dead stop it was hard to run them down with no studs but i did , top end is very noticeable that im faster than them, and supposedly the xtx is a faster sled.

next since i have no studs we set a guy out on the lake and rolled at about 5-10 mph (just like drag racing boats) side by side , when the hands fell we dropped the hammers just about dead even , the xtx jumped out a few feet on me , then by about 6-70 mph it was over i just kept gaining.

so atleast i know that im improved over stock, since i never took any baseline timed runs or anything with this sled, after all its not my drag racer, but since my srx motor isnt back yet the nytro got bit by the speed bug.

and i have to compliment the nytro, never ever in my life have i ever owned or ridden a sled with 5 k miles thats so tight , responsive and just right.

my buddies cant believe it, they all broke my balls i was buying a sled with 4000 miles on it when i bought it.

94 gps on my 12 xtx, not bad considering I geared down a tooth and am running a 1.75 backcountry.

Corner to corner is flat out insane so i'll give up the over 100 worries

gunner2 said:
On Ice,snow mix 117.3mph on the gun speedo was 122mph

What have you done???? If my sled did 117 on the gun it would be game over because I am the fastest in 600 feet but top end is 100. The APEX and 800 e-tech beat me in 1000 feet. If I had your top end with my holeshot, I would be king!!!!! :yam:

Haven't heard Gunner chime back in since he posted his 117.3 mph run ??? Interesting........

2011 nytro xtx,102 on speedo,98 on gps,8900 rpm's on lake vermillion last weekend, might be a little more in it. 14.5 rollers, yellow pink yellow primary, front limiter strap pulled up 2 holes. 900 miles on sled, and I 'am 260 with all my gear and back pack, engages at 2900 rpm and feels awesome on the trails, backshift is perfect.I can make the rear end slide in a controlled way some to. :-o :-o :jump: :bling :4STroke: :yam: :Rockon: :die ;)!

Gunner we should hook up on Ramsey! Would love to see such a fast Nytro, I have a Hurricane kit and tones of hours with clutching and gears and the best I got is 106 on gps on ice ,,,, I'm ahead of apex till about 1500 feet then game over, best gears have been the 22/38 set

Trail riding now.As for my set up excell header,hindle tail.speed track with2 chizell per bar(121) ulmer clutching air-box mode ulmer map excell wheels front straps pulled up gear change also I have a 2009 RTX Se just playing with things when I can t trail ride everyone said that a shortie can not get over 100 so had to do it,When I started playing last year with a 121 1-1/4 full block paddle track it was 106 got it rolling nice and went up to109 to 113 speed track seems to be good for about 3 to 4 mph.So if you say no way that is fine there was about 12 guys when I got the 117 they all seen it too.Now I have a hindle header to try just need the map for a pc5 I try that setup late march when the trails are finished ;)!

Back