• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro-Vector-same motor?

adirondac blue

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Is the new vector motor the same as a nytro motor? If yes, has anyone put the 2 speeds set up in a vector yet. I loved the power of the nytro but hated the handling.

I just did a quick parts lookup and the only difference I could find with the two engines is the cam part Numbers.

2010 RS vector: SKU: 8HF-12170-00-00
2010 FX Nytro: 8GL-12170-00-00

Valve springs are also different.

Both have the same pistons, crank, block and head assembly.

New 2010 Vector on Dynotech's dyno made 130.5 hp in December.

I thought the new Vector engine was the same as the Nytro, but "detuned" with different mapping for smoother power delivery and better trailability ? I know they both have 1049 cc's. I love how Yamaha claims a lower HP class than what they actually fall in. :-o Just the opposite of Poo. :yam:

adirondac blue said:
The site says a vector is 120 hp, is there 10 hp in that cam.

As Allen said, the new Vector is really 130hp and the Nytro is 138.

SledFreak said:
ECU, head and CAM from what I remember...

Both engines have the same Head assembly part number. I didn't look up the ECU part numbers but I'd expect they're different partial due to the cam differences.

The bottom line is that these are the same engine with a few interchangeable parts.

grizztracks said:
SledFreak said:
ECU, head and CAM from what I remember...

Both engines have the same Head assembly part nymber. I didn't look up the ECU part numbers but I'd expect they're different partial due to the cam differences.

The bottom line is that these are the same engine with a few interchangeable parts.

Agreed, Allen can tell you the exact differences since I believe he took the parts that are different from a Nytro and put them on a Vector.

Camshafts, valve springs, ecu

For reference, on Dynotech's dyno same day, same conditions.

2010 Vector 130.5 hp @ 8200 rpm & 91.6 ft lbs of tq @ 6800 rpm

2009 FX Nytro XTX 137.3 hp @ 8600 rpm & 93.3 ft lbs of tq @ 6700 rpm

Next question is, has anybody played with a vector yet. As in filters, programmers, header ? Is it possible to get a vector with 80 plus track hp.

Srxspec said:
Spent all kinds of time with an LTX model setup to 75.xx track HP. A 121 model would show 78-79 hp at the track with the same setup. This is without any programmers, just clutching, air box modification, and header pipe.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=78489&highlight=

Allen,
Not to hijack the thread but I'm curious if you had a chance to verify track HP on 121" Nytro vs. 144" XTX model?

I have not run a XTX on the dyno at all.

Back