• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

****** o7-o6 warmers.. WARNING meltdown of CPU *******

Right on this is the kind of real world testing we need to hear about. People willing to take the risk of bringing more problems on their sled to do this mod and posting their results for others. As long as people know they are on their own when doing the mod and accepting all the risk if something happens to the sled.
Wonder what Yamaha's response would have been if I had called them and asked their "engineers" if it was ok at 0-miles to tear into my sled and install N2O and a Supercharger.

Maybe something like this:

"That's fine sir, JUST DON'T MESS WITH THE GRIPS".........:rofl:

With roughly 14V available and assuming the PWM (pulse width modulation) output of the ECU approaches full power at cruising speeds we get:

RX-1: 28.8 Watts each grip
06 Apex: 21.3 Watts each grip
06 update/07 Apex: 28.8 Watts each grip
06 Grips in Parallel
3-Bars (@ 14-Volts = 31.8-Watts each grip) +3-Watts each
4-Bars (@ 14-Volts = 42.6-Watts each grip) +13.8-Watts each

Guess I could be catagorized as a "risk taker"......... ;)!

HAMMER said:
Right on this is the kind of real world testing we need to hear about. People willing to take the risk of bringing more problems on their sled to do this mod and posting their results for others. As long as people know they are on their own when doing the mod and accepting all the risk if something happens to the sled.
Wonder what Yamaha's response would have been if I had called them and asked their "engineers" if it was ok at 0-miles to tear into my sled and install N2O and a Supercharger.

Maybe somthing like this:

"That's fine sir, JUST DON'T MESS WITH THE GRIPS".........LOL !

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Installed the original 06 bars, or the replacement fix 06 bars?

I have an 07 RTX, I had a little incident and the bars ended up bent, instead of spending the cash on new 07 bars (same day I got the RTX was the same day of the accident, hence the not wanting to dish out more money) I got a set of 06 bars that were going to be trashed because they came off a Apex Mountain that was getting replacement 07 bars. So my dealer installed the 06 bars and wired them so that they burn my hands off, first I had figured I was just lucky and got a good set of bars, but I doubt he changed out the 07 harness, so to my knowledge they are hooked up in a way that the ecu could get damaged.

I can only guess I would be in the clear, as I had no part in installing the bars, I made no changes, and if it wasn't for visiting this site, I wouldn't know the difference.

Corins said:
Installed the original 06 bars, or the replacement fix 06 bars?

I have an 07 RTX, I had a little incident and the bars ended up bent, instead of spending the cash on new 07 bars (same day I got the RTX was the same day of the accident, hence the not wanting to dish out more money) I got a set of 06 bars that were going to be trashed because they came off a Apex Mountain that was getting replacement 07 bars. So my dealer installed the 06 bars and wired them so that they burn my hands off.

I can only guess I would be in the clear, as I had no part in installing the bars, I made no changes, and if it wasn't for visiting this site, I wouldn't know the difference.

man that is slick work! You should be in the clear, just if yor dealer asks you "what is that Totally.... what is it?" say dont know, never heard of it LOL

:jump:

I talked with someone in the know today. He said the worst that would happen is the engine would start to misfire as current draw would take away from ign., which would happen first. Possible stator going out due to overwork and/or dead battery. I'm not going to say where the info came from, but they engineered about 30 extra amps that could be used. It should be fine if you leave them at a reasonable setting, ie. below half. Don't worry about it.

KnappAttack said:
I talked with someone in the know today. He said the worst that would happen is the engine would start to misfire as current draw would take away from ign., which would happen first. Possible stator going out due to overwork and/or dead battery. I'm not going to say where the info came from, but they engineered about 30 extra amps that could be used. It should be fine if you leave them at a reasonable setting, ie. below half. Don't worry about it.

mike, it seems to me this is completely new info. Everything else points to the CPU being the weak link. Source if I am not being too nosey? Or some elaboration? Strikes me as possible key information. I want more LOL :flag:

Hey guys...just my typical report....another full day if riding trails locally here...warmers still working perfect,super hot at mid level for about 30 minutes then i set em back to 3 bars for remainder of trip...hands are always toasty as ive stated before..and no ILL effect whatsoever...

and to boot...shes still the fastest apex around!...gotta love it,low shield,flying across a lake at minus 20 and hottest hands out of everyone...no issues.

did anyone actually produce that apparent BULLETIN?......Id like to see the wording,if it exists.

once again,im adding my disclaimer....try the mod at your own risk guys!...you will not get warrentee IF you melt ECU...unless your mechanic happened to wire it..lol.

im going on 3 weeks now of riding lakes,trails fast and slow speeds...no problems whatsoever.

must be one kick #*$&@ ECU!..LOL

No more frostbite!
dan

Tork said:
Dan,
did you see Mike Knapps post above?

Sounds promising! No bulletin, somebody will have to get one from a Canadian dealer

Tork..

yes i just came on from riding and saw Mikes post...Mike is one person i highly respect on here for sure..and Its nice to see something to make me feel alittle more at ease....So far all is well.

I really wish someone could get the bulletin...I just sometimes wonder if it exists for real?..would be nice to see and get details.

dan

My gut feeling is Apex_GT is on the level with the bulletin.

Knapps post "someone in the know" could be a yamaha tech, might never know. So how many hours run time altogether on your rewire??

Regardless of the wording of the bulletin chances are that the "Bulletin" is in direct response to reading these threads and based a lot more on theory rather than testing. I am going to look for a set of 06 bars to keep around until I am comfortable with the idea.

Back