• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Octane Booster

SideHogger

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Ltx-Le Sidewinder
Ok guys, opening up can of worms here but, what is best octane booster to use in our sleds with verified results from an independent source? If there are any? Yes, I searched forum without any definitive results. Also, best place to buy it from?

Pick your poison. I like Klotz and Torco. Klotz is the most economical. My 2 cents. If use is frequent certain brands will leave a orange coating on plugs, and O2 sensors. MMT is a additive that a lot of the boosters use, which causes the orange residue left behind.. NOT ALL boosters use MMT.. You can do some reading and decide yourself.. I ALWAYS have some with and usually drop a couple ounces in on fill ups(UP Michigan GAS). Depending on where I get gas. Sometimes I do not put any in.. Sometimes you get crap gas and its good to have onboard..

https://www.amazon.com/Klotz-Higher...WZS5N3EQA8W&psc=1&refRID=GA2N80AJ2WZS5N3EQA8W

https://www.amazon.com/MSR-Liquid-Fuel-Bottle-30-Ounce/dp/B002FOQQFW/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=fuel+bottle&qid=1607870811&sr=8-2&th=1

I do not sell KLOTZ or have any affiliation. Just recommending

Last edited:
Pick your poison. I like Klotz and Torco. Klotz is the most economical. My 2 cents. If use is frequent certain brands will leave a orange coating on plugs, and O2 sensors. MMT is a additive that a lot of the boosters use, which causes the orange residue left behind.. NOT ALL boosters use MMT.. You can do some reading and decide yourself.. I ALWAYS have some with and usually drop a couple ounces in on fill ups(UP Michigan GAS). Depending on where I get gas. Sometimes I do not put any in.. Sometimes you get crap gas and its good to have onboard..

https://www.amazon.com/Klotz-Higher...WZS5N3EQA8W&psc=1&refRID=GA2N80AJ2WZS5N3EQA8W

https://www.amazon.com/MSR-Liquid-Fuel-Bottle-30-Ounce/dp/B002FOQQFW/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=fuel+ve no way of verifbottle&qid=1607870811&sr=8-2&th=1

I do not sell KLOTZ or have any affiliation. Just recommending
agree 100%, I have had great success with klotz in the past with finicky 2 strokes. 1 oz per gallon would elimininate any knock/octane warnings. Its a great fuel stabilizer as well for long term storage and has pretty much an indefinite shelf life and does not use mmt. I have noticed it turn from the green color to a brownish color with time but the tech guys at klotz told me this is not uncommon and does not effect the performance of the product in any way. Problem with mmt is that it will seperate after mixing if unused for a period of time and lose its effectiveness. The only product I am aware of with mmt that does not seperate is boostane and I have no way of verifying if the manufacturers claims are accurate. As you mentioned the klotz is affordable and available for $54 a gallon us funds on amazon. It requires more product per gallon than some of the other products but when calculating the additional cost per gallon it often comes in cheaper. Ive been using it for about 11 years now.

I ran VP octane booster last year with good results, no lights on 270HP. I typically ran about 4oz per full tank of fuel. I tried VP first because I can buy it locally.

Race gas brand works great, look it up

Torco and Klotz for me as well. Haven't used them in my Winders at all but they worked well in my 780 SRX and my ported/piped SXViper

I ran VP octane booster last year with good results, no lights on 270HP. I typically ran about 4oz per full tank of fuel. I tried VP first because I can buy it locally.
I can get VP also but everything I find on line about independent testing it's all their own! I have used klotz oil in all my two strokes for ever now and totally believe in their oil at least!

Anybody try lucas octane boost? Available at my local Advance auto store and reasonable.

I went with Lucas last year after reading forums and what people found worked. The bottles are easy to carry. Prior to that I used Torco, but it was a pain to carry in comparison.

Torco.
I wrap tape around cap and wrap can in towel and put in my saddle bag. Works good. Also have paint measuring cup to know how much to add with each fill up. Lasts longer by measuring out as recommended.

try at hurricane.

I went with Lucas last year after reading forums and what people found worked. The bottles are easy to carry. Prior to that I used Torco, but it was a pain to carry in comparison.
Ended up buying the lucas stuff. Like you say, bottles will be easy to carry and one 15 oz bottle will do 24 gallons. Honestly dont even know if needed but went with 270 Hurricane tune and just want to be safe especially with local bar gas and up in Canada...ooooops, cant go to Canada this year so no worries there! lol

Back