• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OFF TOPIC....... YAMAHA RHINO !!!!

Yamanator

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX LE
Hey guy's, just wanted to say that I talked one of my friends into buying the new Rhino last month. We had it up in Caseville (tip of the thumb) last weekend and this thing is awesome. The only thing, is that the rev limiter kicks in around 45mph, and we hit it alot. I went up to my local dealer (Wheels USA) and they let me in on a little secret. If you buy the CDI box for the Grizzly and put it in you will pick up 15 mph, so he did it and I got my first ride last night, WHHHHHHOOOLLLLLLYYYYYY SHIOT :D , it sure felt like we were going over 60. He also put on the bigger tires and new rim's and it made it so much more stable that it was like driving a car. Just thought I would let you know how great this thing is. I will be putting it through it's paces at Houghton Lk this weekend on some real trails and will let all you 4 wheelin nut's know how it performed.

peace out....... :Rockon:

Did he buy this nice toy for himself or you? ;)!

Sounds like an awesome machine.... :Rockon:

Is it alot wider than a normal atv?

CDI

You should have used the Kodiak CDI. They allow about another 200-300 RPM.

RX-1Yamaholic said:
Is it alot wider than a normal atv?

The stock Rhino is 54.1" compared to a Stock Grizzly at 45.3"

The Rhino is not trail legal in the State of Wisconsin where the limit is 48". :(

Maine and Michigan are less restrictive in their definitions and do not appear to have width regulations.

I would bet that Dale at Dalton industries is working on (or already had) a clutch kit for it. His snowmobile clutch kits are good but I understand his ATV kits really kick A$$. You might want to give him a call. PB
The phone number is 902-897-3333

I was over at Spray's the other day and we went out with his. He has 2. One has a clutch kit and both have the CDI fix. They are awesome and will go just about anywhere. Especially when you put it in low and hit the diferential lock button. I don't know what kind of clutch kit he had, but the non-clutched rhino did much better t/o the whole power range. Hopefully Dale has come up with something better.

J

Yamanator thanks for the on the Rhino. I have a Rhino and was wondering how to improve the speed. It sure is a great ride but my biggest problem is that my wife uses around the yard a lot which may restrict my use of it.

Spray have you been on the ATV Forum..grizzlyinfo.com. YOu can get to it from Totallyamaha ...join us with some of your insight ;)!

Spray,
Does the speedo also work with that new cdi. Last spring when the rhino came out we put the grize cdi in but we couldn't get the speedo to work.

Yes speedo works with the BPR cdi.

I was one of their testers. I have put on about 600 miles with the CDI and all is well.

Back