• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OFT Racing - Billet / Oilite Steering bushings

I plan to order the steering bushings for my '08 Nytro, but I ride 99% trails and have heard mixed reports on the increase in vibration (Ulmer said he will only be offering a plastic one because of it). I would prefer aluminum over plastic (even though I am a Plastics Engineer).
Has anyone tried mounting a rubber isolator under the bushing? I have a 3/32" rubber sheet (durometer is 60 Shore A) that I plan to try. Just curious if this has already been attempted.

OFT Racing - I couldn’t be happier with how these wheels look and the quality in craftsmanship - they are simply sick. The sled previously had a WC relocator and Mountain Machine wheels and it doesn’t compare to these. I saw the relocator on a FX nytro the other night and what it did for the FX is unbelievable... it makes it so you can actually ride the FX without beating the crap out of your knees in turns.
Check out the pictures - maybe i am a bit biased at my own sled now I guess but these pictures do not lie... :Rockon:

Attachments

• IMG_0257 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0257 (Small).JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0258 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0258 (Small).JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0255 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0255 (Small).JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 88
Welcome to the dark side, Stoli...............literally. That's a pretty sled that you got there. Nice job on your mods too, Revdog. I could really see your attention to detail when I was wrenching on that Black Beauty. :Rockon:

So Stoli, do you miss that old Doo yet?

:4STroke:

scmurs

hey Ralger, I know what you might think about vibration, but I can say first hand there is'nt any vibration, and your steering will only get better due to the better blocks and better bearings.

by the way, nice iron stoli

sonds,

i am sure i will miss the old Doo (but not the 2strokesmoke) at some point... but for now i am still on my honeymoon with the Nytro.
RevDog - Scott is spot on - the attention to detail you put into it was amazing. It was exactly what you advertised.

Just ordered 3 of these for my old 2006 Apex MTN...

I was contemplating not grabbing them now since I am thinking about a 2010 Nytro MTX SE but heck... they will work on there too and I can dump the extra on here/wherever...

I just can't stand the slop anymore! Almost 4k miles on my 2006 and it needs some TLC...

Thanks for making these!

-Earl

Thanks Big E! We got your order and they will ship soon!

If you do decide on a nytro, I would highly recommend our relocator kit instead of the blocks. It offers all of the benefits of the blocks, while giving a much more acceptable steering geometry "feel" to the nytro.

Thanks again for your business!

Moto

NP Dood!

Let us know what you think when you get them installed! We would also like yer thoughts once you get a ride on the "white gold"!!! ;)!

Will give you a full report, my '08 has TONS of sloppe in the steering column, specialy the lower bushing closest to the exhaust, it was like that brand new!

I also SHIMMED all of my front "A" arms, got all of the "back & forth" movement, now my front end is nice and tight and so will my steering column ;)!

BigECB said:

I was contemplating not grabbing them now since I am thinking about a 2010 Nytro MTX SE but heck... they will work on there too and I can dump the extra on here/wherever...

I just can't stand the slop anymore! Almost 4k miles on my 2006 and it needs some TLC...

Thanks for making these!

-Earl

Ok Earl, the million dollar question... didja get a nytro to put underneath that beautiful part yet?
:bling

Got my relocator setup last week, and the Quality looks second to none. I did some searches for similar items before buying, and none look this sturdy, and this nice. Great job Moto

:bling :bling :bling :bling :bling :bling

MotoPsycho said:
BigECB said:

Thanks for making these!

-Earl

Ok Earl, the million dollar question... didja get a nytro to put underneath that beautiful part yet?
:bling

Hope to have the Nytro in a week or two! Can't wait!

Back