• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil light on??

Gilbey

Expert
This past weekend my oil light went on. Then it would go off. Then it would go on.

Oil was changed only 500 miles ago. Dipstick says that level is good, if not a hair down to the low side, but still....

Why is the sensor telling me that I'm THAT low?????

Thanks for any input.

Did It go off when you stopped and go on when you started moving again? My 03 did the same last year. I thought it was due to the dry sump system, when you are on the gas the pump pulles more oil frm the tank. At idle some of the oil drains back to the tank. I added Oil to the full line and it stopped.

Mine do something like that. Oil level is good about half way between mid and empty. Light come on after a stop, and come off when i start moving. The opposite of you RX-1 blue REverse

The float slides good, checked it out. Oil level doesn't look THAT low. Kevin, I gave that a whirl the first time and it cured the problem. But when I stopped at the Buckhorn to get some grub, and every other time I pulled over and shut the machine off, it would re-appear. Then disappear. Then re-appear and stay on. :o|

I'll probably just add a little oil, maybe I am at some form of trigger point??????

Gilby how was the trails around the buckhorn? I am going up there next week and it will be the first time to have the RX1 on the trails and I cant wait. Thanks

03RX1 light comes on every 500 to 750 miles just ad 1qt when light comes on,good for next 500 to 750 depends on how hard you ride (well lubed)

Back