• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

oilite front end bushings

zquick1

Extreme
Does anybody know what the story is on these kits from ulmer racing? My front end is loose and dont want to waste anymore money on the stock junk bushings .Or is there another place that sells these kits?

bushings

Had the oilite bushing kit in my apex and now I have the kit in my nytro.really tightened up the front end.Money well spent.Have 5100 miles on my 09 nytro and had 6000 on the apex and the bushing show NO signs of wear.

The FX Nytro bushing kits are in stock. Just call and place an order. 605-387-2833

sooo worth it!

I just installed these on my Apex. Tolerances are extremely tight, which can make them a bit tricky to install, but take out all the sloppiness out of the front end. It took less than an hour to install, and the difference was immediate. Add up the cost of the OEM plastic junk and compare it with the Ulmers kit... its a no brainer!

That is where I got mine from, he probably is too busy to change the web site. And probably as soon as he gets them in, he is sold out already. Haha

Take all the front panels off, remove all the front suspension ( I left the ski and lower ball joint together). The uppers use 1 long bolt with no nut 2 bushings on each, the lowers are separate nuts and bolts 4 bushings on each. They are all the same. Make sure you polish the inside of the a-arms good before you push the bushings in. Also polish the inner sleeves that the bushings ride on. It is a very tight fit. A little grease helps too.

Just installed my upper arm bushings (ulmers). Wow what a difference in the ride and handling, really tightened everything up. And I only did the uppers and need ball joints too. A tip for inserting the bushings in the arms. I used a foot long 1/2 inch threaded rod, thick washers and a nut on each side. Put it right through the arm and do one side at a time. Worked really well and everything goes on straight and don't have to worry about breaking those thin flanges off. Its very controllable and they slide right in with ease. Hope this helps some guys out. ;)!

Allen called me today and he will be sending them out tomorrow. Very happy with Allen's reply & follow-up for being off for a couple of days to ride!

Back