• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ok i wanna check the oil on my sled and i can not find a dip

Open the hood, there is an oil reservoir on the right hand side (as you sit in the seat) near the front. It's silver with a cap with wires coming off of it. Unplug the wires and unscrew the cap. Remember to have the sled warm when checking the oil and also THIS IS KEY, screw the cap all the way back on and then remove it to check the level.

Disconnect the wires at the top of the oil tank fill cap and then unscrew the cap.

Drain plug on bottom of oil tank and one on bottom of engine.

Do a search, there is a lot of discussion on oil filter location, proper filling method etc.

QCRider said:
Open the hood, there is an oil reservoir on the right hand side (as you sit in the seat) near the front. It's silver with a cap with wires coming off of it. Unplug the wires and unscrew the cap. Remember to have the sled warm when checking the oil and also THIS IS KEY, screw the cap all the way back on and then remove it to check the level.

Beg to differ with you QC, but the owner's manual states "do not screw the dip stick back in" to check the oil level.

"Remove the oil level gauge, wipe it clean, insert
it back into the filler hole (without screwing
it in), and then remove it again to check the oil
level" (Service Manual, p 2-22).

DO NOT screw the dip stick back in. The oil level is checked with engine fully hot, and dipstick only inserted to beginning of threads. You will over fill it if you srew it in and you'll blow the extra oil into your air box.

JDMCRX. Be careful not to overtighten the drain plug (bottom of reservoir) on the oil reservoir when changing the oil.

Red2003 said:
DO NOT screw the dip stick back in. The oil level is checked with engine fully hot, and dipstick only inserted to beginning of threads. You will over fill it if you screw it in and you'll blow the extra oil into your air box.

Negative. If you check it with the dipstick screwed in, it will be underfilled, not overfilled.

JDMCRX said:
Ive looked for the last 2 days and i can not find any info at all on loactions its pissing me off i see a small 4 bolt black cover on the bottom of the sled

josh

Check it...

Attachments

• Fool.JPG
    Fool.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 175
Red2003 said:
DO NOT screw the dip stick back in. The oil level is checked with engine fully hot, and dipstick only inserted to beginning of threads. You will over fill it if you srew it in and you'll blow the extra oil into your air box.

You are apparently right about not screwing it back in, my apologies. HOWEVER, this will definitely NOT cause you to over fill the tank.

JDMCRX said:
yeap found that but the drain plug and oil filter are located were?

Ok, now you are headed for some fun. There is a drain plug on the bottom of the reservoir, and another one behind the black plastic cover you wrote about. The filter is the real fun part. You have to remove the air box. Once you do this, the filter is below the battery and battery bracket. The battery needs to be removed and from there you can pretty much figure out the rest. If you are changing the oil for the first time be prepared for one seriously tight filter. It can be a real PITA to get it out.

Back