• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OK, so I tried the Snowtrackers

You don't want push. What he is trying to say is the doolys push bad, which they do if you run half ways aggressive in the corners.

not to speak for him....but he is saying the dualies or the like "push" in the corners...they dont bite and give you understeer

My buddies all went with Pilots on their GTs. Last year I had stock skis and 8 inch single shapers. My sled carved but it did dart and took a lot of shoulder effort to turn. My buddies sleds with pilots were much better.
This year I installed a set of extreme snowtrackers. Great bite, no darting and MINIMAL steering effort.
Its hard to believe after looking at these things that they make turning so easy but it is true.
Last weekend I let one of my buddies with the pilots give it a try. He was blown away and is now looking for a set for his pilots or he is going back to stock skis and installing snowtrackers.
These are the real deal.
They have transformed my sled from a good sled to great sled and now anyone could drive it without having to muscle it.
Its a strange feeling to have a sled that is dart free and turns so easy yet has amazing bite. No more driving on a straight flat surface and having your head go from side to side from darting. No more sore shoulders after 200 miles. No more pushing through the corners.
I just hope they last but to be honest I'd buy a set every year if needed.

energeezer said:
My buddies all went with Pilots on their GTs. Last year I had stock skis and 8 inch single shapers. My sled carved but it did dart and took a lot of shoulder effort to turn. My buddies sleds with pilots were much better.
This year I installed a set of extreme snowtrackers. Great bite, no darting and MINIMAL steering effort.
Its hard to believe after looking at these things that they make turning so easy but it is true.
Last weekend I let one of my buddies with the pilots give it a try. He was blown away and is now looking for a set for his pilots or he is going back to stock skis and installing snowtrackers.
These are the real deal.
They have transformed my sled from a good sled to great sled and now anyone could drive it without having to muscle it.
Its a strange feeling to have a sled that is dart free and turns so easy yet has amazing bite. No more driving on a straight flat surface and having your head go from side to side from darting. No more sore shoulders after 200 miles. No more pushing through the corners.
I just hope they last but to be honest I'd buy a set every year if needed.
They give snowmobiling a whole new level of enjoyment. I have about 1,300 mi on my first pair and they have a lot of mile's left on them but they are worth the price even if they need to be replaced more often. kviper

KnappAttack said:
You don't want push. What he is trying to say is the doolys push bad, which they do if you run half ways aggressive in the corners.
I recall you had a # for a distributor of the Snowtrackers? Where did you post this? :drink: I'm taking your suggestion and apparently many others too and going with the Trackers for the center of the Pilots. Do they sell a 6" and considering we ride aggressive the extremes correct?? Thanks Doug ;)!

Hey guys, Happy New Year. I might be off topic a little here: BUT i doubt anyone in the entire forum has spent MORE time and money with different skiis/setups etc. trying to make their Apex's work - work like they SHOULD.(being a little exagerated of course) If its any consolation, I HAVE figured out how to make them out-handle most of the competition. (with a little help)...I was a beer and a match away, from calling my insurance company with the sad news of my unexplained sled fire! lol (i guess i shouldn't post that! lol)...anyway, reading many comments by ReX, i figured out that ,not only is he smarter than the average beer, i mean "bear", but he made me think of my old racing days of chassis setups. I have a pretty easy setup with some aftermarket goodies, that has helped drastically. The thing that constantly drove me insane all summer, was how MANY Apex's were on the trails and NOBODY ever said anything negative that i spoke too!! I call a spade a spade, If its junk, you'll be the first to know! My only real problems with the sled has been an oil drip (from the hose under the rez tank- which is getting fixed for the 3rd time), and i put an extra rear heat exchanger in front of the snowflap (which shoulda been there in the first place! I know it is in 09!) But i will soon post the entire chassis setup (if anyone IS interested) with measurements etc., and hopefully we'll have some great handling sleds that we can be PROUD of on the rough trails. For some reason Yammy has great motors (when's the turbo coming???? wink wink), and the chasis is durable and drivetrain is strong....but isn't the skids outdated by 10-15 years??, and the "stock" front isn't much better than my 2000 Polaris (if at all!). To me, the rear skid is ridiculously designed with too much "old" geometry and has anyone noticed the skids weight??? Man it is a heavy beast!!! I like to know skid weight comparisons...maybe i am out to lunch!? Anyway, there IS hope, and hopefully Yammy reads many of these posts and ACTUALLY contacts THEIR customers (us) for input. It'll all help in the long run, everybody puts their heads together and re-design some things and BAM! They'd be number one across the board. Anyway, it is my small input for the week, take care...snow is falling outside and i feel a bad work cough coming....lol

Knapp,

I ran bergstroms standard 6 inch carbides on a stock ski with an 1/8 of toe out and found that to be the best with a stock ski. It still darted but no where as bad as factory.

I switched skis in the middle of the last season to a sly dog powder hound and bergstrom standard carbides 6 inches and found that they liked to be at 0 on the toe. Now I run C&A 7.5 long shaper bars because Bergstrom is so friggin hard to get a hold of and these seem to like 1/8 to 1/4 of toe out. The big thing I noticed about going to powder hounds was corners with 2 to 4 inches of fresh loose snow, BIG time push! You really need to set the skis to make a fast turn. I can't say enough about the ski in the deep stuff. It does help lift the front of my attak.

I have been considering that newer ski by curve-x or something like that. They say its more of a crossover ski.

Crossover, the hot word of the 2008-2009 snowmobile season. :-o

anybody run them yet?

Brian

sj said:
what about the states?
When i was looking for them last season there was no one in the states that carried them. I contacted SnowTracker and they gave me a name in the states but they did not do any snowmobile stuff. I bought a set for my sons Phazer this fall and Royal Dist had them here in 3 day's to Wisconsin, Even they could not believe they got here that soon. Last season it took like two or three week's. Motovan was the name they gave me and it was a dead end street and ended up with Royal. Maybe some one needs to take on a dealership in the states because these thing's are going to be a big seller once people ride them. kviper

Don't SnowTracker get caught on railroad crossing or pickup bed. They look pretty deep. I'm not convinced. Anyone can confirm this or not?

Yummy said:
Don't SnowTracker get caught on railroad crossing or pickup bed. They look pretty deep. I'm not convinced. Anyone can confirm this or not?
i can see them gettin ^%$$&* up on a railroad!

Back