• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oneida Lake King of the trail

FastZ said:
I am thinking of coming out to New York, but wanted to see who would be there. If I am traveling this far wanted to see if the turbo guys would be weel represented.

Also here is the format that they posted on AM Snow.

http://cs.amsnow.com/snocs/forums/t/56955.aspx

Thanks
Ryan Santry

You will need some long chisels, the lake is glare Ice.

It actually looks like perfect for racing, about 1 of snow then ice. The lake is flat as can be as well. I received this picture yesterday from the lake. Are you going to go Ted?

Attachments

• lake42.jpg
    lake42.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 70
Based on the conditions I would need a speed track and chisels, 1500.00 to try and win 1000.00 Not that we do this for the money anyway just makes me think about it more.

Besides I have a sled for those conditions just won't take is trail riding.

Ted.

I completly agree, we were going to possibly go just to see different people. Rather than racing the same people from the midwest. We probably won't make a decision until Wednesday night.

I talked to the guys out on the lake tonight where the race is being held was perfect conditions like the picture above. There is snow possible over the next 3 days which would be good.

Drove by Coopers last night everything is frozen. It was in the low 20's last night but a high of 37 today with rain turning to snow with a possible 1-3" accumulation. It is going to snow thursday & friday. If you guys want to check the weather the zip code for the area is 13209 (www.weather.com) It would be very cool if some of you guys could come out, It's big Ski-Doo country out here, I would love to see some Yamaha's killing it.

:die

We will be there, leaving tomorrow morning, going to be there Friday testing and then saturday for the event. Hope to see everyone and put a face to the names.

I will look for the truck with Illinois plates or should I just look for a crazy fast Yamaha??? LOL

Looks like the Lake Effect machine is kicking in and Oneida Lake is getting hit right now. Don't know how much...depends on what the winds do. It won't be glare ice for sure.

here is a pic about 60 miles north of Oneida Lake.

Attachments

• cam_2.jpg
    cam_2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 258
Wish we didn,t make previous plans, would have been nice to bring a couple Yammie turbo's to the festivities
Art

Just thought I'd update you guys on this crazy race.

I showed up on my sled to spectate and drink a coors light or two with my buddies. Everything was going as planned. Looked like about 100 sleds signed up for the various classes. They did an abreviated trail ride around circles on the lake and got started just about on time. As they were starting a gaggle of about 5 State Police and Park Police showed up. As the cops were coming, one of the moron cops rode into an area on the lake where a creek comes in and it was open water. We guess what...he sank his sled into the lake. We were all watching and kind of laughing as he got out of the water immediately and was i n no danger. As they were trying to get the sled out some people were doing some open water crossing right next to where he went in. I guess they were kind of mocking him...It was actually pretty funny.

Anyway, the cops came over and shut it down right in the middle of it. Vince did his best to talk them out of it but had no luck. I felt sorry for Vince. He was doing a nice job.

In the open class there were least 15 sleds over 250 HP, many over 300HP and one or two in the 400+ hp range. That is just what I could gather by talking to people and watching. Conditions were semi hard packed snow. No chisels necessary!

They ended up running the open class after the cops left and after talking to the guy who came in second he said a big polaris won and the sled he was driving was a 430+ HP Arctic Cat. Don't know what that Polaris was but must have been pretty fast. I didn't see this as I left when the cops showed up and came back later that night.

When I was there, I watched about 5 races in the open class and every time a Yamaha was in the race it won or lost to another Yamaha. I don't know what happened to those guys later when they finished the races.

Anyway, great turnout and was going to run pretty smooth until Johnny Law showed up.

In New York State I think it is illegal to go over 55 mph on any public lands or frozen water bodies unless you have some type of event permit. The Police don't generally enforce it but this was too big of a gathering apparently.

Sorry to hear it got goofed up , I know from last year Vince puts a lot of effort and time into it. I hope next year goes a little smoother for them guys ;)!

Back