• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Opinion on missing track lug

Crazy Canuk

Expert
It appears that I tore a lug off, or at least half of one. The track is a Hurricane 175 with about 2,200 kms on it. it doesn't appear that the track it torn. Picture attached. Machine is an LTX with no engine mods. A couple of questions:

It is safe to ride on?
Is there anything I should do to it to protect the belts or otherwise?

Appreciate the help and feedback.
20230317_145256.jpg

I tore a couple windows on my track a couple years ago with my super lites which prompted me to call Camso....they said don't worry about it.

I would be concerned about the area around the tear starting to delaminate if left unattended. I have used this sealant in the past to seal an area like this to prevent it from delaminating. It's flexible and waterproof:

Sealant.JPG

Be prepared for more lugs tearing out. My hurricane track was missing tons of lugs by the time I hit 1500miles and ended up swapping it out because it was vibrating so much. Just not a durable track. It didn’t blow though

Thanks gents, it is just one for now so I might go Rob's route with the 5200. That stuff is unreal. What did you swap yours out for Richard? I do like the hurricane.

i have re moulded lugs with URETHANE... the same #*$&@ used to hold windshield in!!! that stuff sticks better than #*$&@ to a blanket and molds firm to rubber and stays flexible... cures in hours.

Back