• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Opinion on stingraymods clutch kit

Carpet Guy

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha sidewinder
I was thinking of going this way to try it from the dalton kit what's everyone thought.

I'd just call Hurricane and get a set up from them.

Every sled is set up so different for driver style, weight etc... There's no one size fits all when it comes to clutching

I didn’t buy the Stingray clutch kit but I do have a set of the flat profile magnetic adjustable weights which I believe are made by the manufacturer as the weights that are in the Stingray kit. I’m going to say that so far the jury is still out.

A flat profile weight is going to be less responsive than a lighter weight with more curvature. That’s not necessarily always a bad thing for trail riding. It’s also a characteristic that is less critical with the fat torque curve of the four stroke engine. I will say that my gas mileage was improved with these weights. Mileage is not important in racing but it usually is for the average trail rider.

Back