• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Overall Best Exhaust?

Yes I have heard of you guys.Cool!I trust Matczak Machine got alot out of it also though.Will find out someday.

Almost hit my buddy when it finally flew off!Super Q/GYTR.I will admit the Excell is probably the fanciest and quietest pipe out there.Have heard it holds up well also but I havent seen dyno charts for it.

Attachments

• Exhaust.jpg
    Exhaust.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 114
i have had my excell pipe for 3yrs and 3000miles and it looks and sounds like the day i bought it.. no corrosion on anything, no discoloration.. it sounds good, but not obnoxiously loud to where ur going to get a ticket every time you ride.. i believe there is a dyno chart on his website in the phazer section. my opnion it is the nicest piece out there.. some of the other guys pipes look like something a kid would put on his honda civic... there are also photos of Aaron Excell and Allen Umer testing pipes and maps for power commanders at Dyno Tech in Batavia, NY..Dyno Tech is a third party tester.. so the results are fact and available on Dyno Tech's site. not buy some guy who tested in his back yard and made a graph on his computer and posted it...

If you are implying that Aaens dyno charts are bogus you are way off base.I dont care much about dyno charts but they save time and error.I personally will vouch for a power increase since I had to clutch the thing to keep it off the revlimiter with pipe change.That said his pipe is too loud for my area,packing didnt last and it isnt real cool looking.So maybe the Excell is the way to go.For right now I put stock back on and put clutching back.

cannondale27 said:
Almost hit my buddy when it finally flew off!Super Q/GYTR.I will admit the Excell is probably the fanciest and quietest pipe out there.Have heard it holds up well also but I havent seen dyno charts for it.

Wow. Yamaha is proud (price wise) of their pipe. I would suggest that your buddy pack it up and send off to the factory Yamaha shop in Minnesota. I am assuming that Yamaha still does have their US snowmobile operations located there. The factory NEEDS to see what quality (or lack of) is in their FACTORY parts.

cannondale27 said:
If you are implying that Aaens dyno charts are bogus you are way off base.I dont care much about dyno charts but they save time and error.I personally will vouch for a power increase since I had to clutch the thing to keep it off the revlimiter with pipe change.That said his pipe is too loud for my area,packing didnt last and it isnt real cool looking.So maybe the Excell is the way to go.For right now I put stock back on and put clutching back.

not implying that at all, dont know much about the Aeens pipe..just some guys make something and test it in there yard and post a video of it saying look how fast it is.. it makes me laugh, and no disrespect intended cannondale... you are one of the most knowlegable guys in the Phazer section.. :Rockon:

just closed in my tunnel, with a pipe made for my sled, will i have any plastic melting problems? i dont think so since 08 and up had the tunnels closed off but just wondering!

Thanks for clearing that up Rigidone.I am a little testy about dyno's since countless hrs and $ is spent in tuning and dynoing only to have many just blow it off as a bunch of useless info.Its been my experience that if same dyno brands,factor are used in comparison whether they are in PA,WI or CA the results are within 1hp of each other and results are directly seen in the real world.That said anything under 3hp is not felt nor will it guarantee a win.3 or more though is felt when riding and is usually a good 5-10ft in 300ft if you clutch for it.

Nytro there is a chance of melting plastic since 08 and newer also added a whole bunch of heat protective barriers when they closed the tunnel.Is reason I always recommend getting the factory closeoff kit.Many,many others just block off tunnel and have had no problems though.I just didnt want to take the chance so I used factory kit.

did you guys buy the mbrp exahust off royaldistributing? says it utilizes a glass pack turbo muffler? glass packs are super loud arnt they?

best would be to phone mbrp directly and find out

there is a red phazer w/mbrp on youtube that should give u good idea how loud it is.

everyone will agree that every muffler is louder, they just all have a slightly different tone I would say.

I think RoyalDistributing has a Sno-Stuff can for the phazer similarly priced to the mbrp.

i sure hope when i buy one, it will come with all instalation parts needed!

Back