• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

P0562 low voltage

hognit09

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 viper ltx le,2016 viper ltx dx
Wife’s 2016 viper out yesterday and this code came up after about 10 miles and died and would not restart. Towed it back and it started to load on trailer, and noticed volts was at 8.5 and slowly dropping. Back story is had a starter and gears replaced after last trip of last year at dealer and they stated stair was good so didn’t replace and haven’t risen it till yesterday. Battery is 5 years old but charged back up quickly this fall and was turning over very quickly. Does this sound like the stator ?

Sounds like the stator is pooched. That's why it's important to get the flash. I hope they take care of you!

They may have been some broken teeth left in the engine that damaged the stator afterwards.

Put a new battery in and it holds steady at 11.5 volts now. Not dropping but should be at 14 volts. Don’t know if I were to drive it longer if the volts would start to drop

It's not charging, so stator is broken. Or then it can be wiring issue too, if some stator wire(s) are broken...
I think if your stator is broken you should replace new model starter gear too even if old one looks ok. It's cheap and if you leave old one there i might broke and it will kill new stator too...

Any little tiny piece of starter gear WILL eventually find it's way to the stator. Mine had the gears replace before I bought it (wasn't told this) and about 800 miles later I lost voltage as a left over piece found it's way to the stator and flywheel. Dropping the pan in the chassis and fishing around a magnet found the rest of the pieces. I later verified the engine was clean when I completely pulled the motor after a second stator failure (aftermarket, burnt itself up).

Back