• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Panel Removal Difficulties

Tomelongname

Veteran
I can't remove my clutch side panel. Recently purchased 2015 Viper LTX DX so not used to the panels. I am worried about breaking it by pulling too hard. No problem with chain case side. Any suggestions?

Moved up from 2012 Venture GT and absolutely love the Viper.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Clutch side on my 15 has a thumb screw above the pin

Check to see if you still have the thumb screw , only the clutch side had them, it's just above the pin that you pull to remove side panel, remove both, pull up and to the right, should come right off, dont worry about breaking anything, its pretty tough and rigid, and if you loose the thumb screw, dont buy a new one, you dont need it.

Check to see if you still have the thumb screw , only the clutch side had them, it's just above the pin that you pull to remove side panel, remove both, pull up and to the right, should come right off, dont worry about breaking anything, its pretty tough and rigid, and if you loose the thumb screw, dont buy a new one, you dont need it.
Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

And by the way you actually don't need the thumb screw. I lost mine 4,000 miles ago and the pin hold it just fine.

Never knew why one side had it and the other didn't.

Back