• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Paradise....

Super Sled

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Summit X
Took some time the last 2 days and went waaaaaay up north riding. 182 miles on Sunday.
IMG_0101-1.jpg

IMG_0103-1.jpg

IMG_0098-1.jpg

Monday went 331 miles. No joke -- 331. Was my longest riding day yet (Time out there and miles ridden). But conditions were so awesome just didn't want the dream to end, so kept riding! Hit it perfect. Received a foot the night before and up to a foot all day while riding Minday. I love riding in blizzards, were zooming through powder all day long!
IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0139-1.jpg

IMG_0135-1.jpg

IMG_0142-1.jpg

IMG_0161-1.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

Awesome.... Looks like fun.. Havent seen snow in a month lol...

Subaru2006

Hey i was on those same trails on Sunday. I recognise the Tomahawk detour sign. We were riding back from Grand Portage Lodge to my uncle's cabin west of Two Harbors. We had rode up on Sat. Here are some of my pics:

Helipad look out over the Pigeon River.

Filling up at Devils Track Lake for 4.65 a gallon.

Fire Lookout Tower

Hey Lee, thanks for sharing those pics, and we were riding the same area! It's amazing what a day or two can do, eh.

It snowed a ton there Sunday night and then a ton more Monday all day. The trails were rough/ mogules underneath, but with 2 feet of powder on top the bumps were pretty soft for riding.
IMG_0113-2.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0122-2.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0153-1.jpg

It was just awesome to actually ride in some fluffy stuff again, not just on rock hard, concrete snow/ ice trails. Felt wonderful.

Like i said, we went 331 miles on Monday, so were were all over -- Most Grand Portage but also up the Gunflint trail. The trails were in terrible shape with lots of moguls, but with all of the fluff it softened them up a lot.

A parting shot......
IMG_0169.jpg

Hopefully that will be the conditions i will be riding tomorrow, calling for 8- 12" tonight into tomorrow.

Wow that looks awesome! Wish we would have stayed one more day then, we headed back Monday. 311 miles in that stuff sounds like a fun, tiresome day!

Hey Supersled how was the State trail from Hwy 2 to Finland? Guessing it must be pretty good with the new Snow. Hitting up St. Urho's Parade in Finland Saturday. Saw the Groomer coming off the Yukon Yesterday should be in Great shape..

Nice, I though I did good with 288 mile on Tuesday!, rode from Chisholm out past Ely and back in one giant loop yesterday, had a blast, The Taconite trail was in pretty dang good shape for this late in the year!

I hope the season hold up a few weeks longer. Shhot, maybe even into April. Come on snow gods, help us out!!!

If anyone else has any recent riding pics please share them on this post, it's nice to see guys out on the sleds having a blast!

Back