• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

parking brake, what parking brake?

MadMax2011

anyone ever been dumb enough to ride around with their parking brake on? (besides me, i mean)
i have a tilt trailer, and I set the brake when i loaded the sled.... #$%&*

I did just just like 25 yards once. Why do you ask?

i think most have done it once on these sleds its just so easy to do, but i know if i rev it up more than usual something is up and its the first place i look!

Zakre said:
i think most have done it once on these sleds its just so easy to do, but i know if i rev it up more than usual something is up and its the first place i look!

Took mine off after my first rip with it on, I now use a Velcro wrap for the odd time I need it. Can't hold grip with wrap in the way.. And I lost a few pounds..

well, i did. I had to rev it up a bit to get it to move on the trailer, i stood there and thought, "huh, it must be frozen to the trailer"..
so then i got it unloaded and proceeded to ride it for about 1000ft before realizing what that strange sound was.... :o|

MadMax2011 said:
well, i did. I had to rev it up a bit to get it to move on the trailer, i stood there and thought, "huh, it must be frozen to the trailer"..
so then i got it unloaded and proceeded to ride it for about 1000ft before realizing what that strange sound was.... :o|

And how fast it stops after you let off the gas followed by that nice smell!!!!

I never done it yet . Was out this past weekend and seen a cat burnded to the ground just sitting there smokin . They said the brake was locked up . I took it off anyways , don't need it

MadMax2011 said:
anyone ever been dumb enough to ride around with their parking brake on? (besides me, i mean)
once a friend and i had a bet on a race between us,he had a 02 polaris 600 and i had my 06 nytro,when we were lining up he had another guy distract me while he put my parking brake on,didn't notice it and took off and whaled on his #*$&@,after the race he came over to see if i had took my parking brake off which i still hadn't noticed,which were now ruined,he got to buy me some new pads and help me install and adjust them.

MadMax2011 said:

I have done it myself. I used a black paint marker and wrote in the hand guard CK P.B. Lot easier to unload with the brake off. :Rockon:

so i went ahead and ordered replacemnt pads for my parking brake.
i need it because of the tilt trailer loading..
they should be in tommorrow...
anyone ever change them before?
it looks fairly simple. but then again, so am I :exc:

It burnt through the brake pads? I would have gone through the belt would have gone first.

Back