• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Part number help

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder STX-DX 2017
Apex XTX 2012
part# help! the bolt hole oblonged and the bolt missing from rear skid. Looking for part# for the bracket and bolt. Looked at the fiche but unsure. It’s the right side when sitting on the sled. Rear skid mounting bolt and bracket. Also is the bottom hole okay to use? If so how does this change the ride?

Attachments

• BA3D6BF8-B274-4B04-B37D-DC748226B798.jpeg
    BA3D6BF8-B274-4B04-B37D-DC748226B798.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 72

I would stick with the top hole.

What year and model is your sled?

I’m getting #8JY-F1954-00-00 for the bracket and #8JP-RA196-00-00 for the bolt.

Thanks looks about right. what if I just tried to change mounting to bottom hole?

I’m not sure what the effects would be on a 2017, my 2020 came with suspension on lower hole, I ended up raising it to the upper hole and it lighten the steering considerably so I would think it would add weight to the skis/steering.

part# help! the bolt hole oblonged and the bolt missing from rear skid. Looking for part# for the bracket and bolt. Looked at the fiche but unsure. It’s the right side when sitting on the sled. Rear skid mounting bolt and bracket. Also is the bottom hole okay to use? If so how does this change the ride?
Any idea why or how this happened? That’s crazy bad.

I repaired mine like this and no issues!
Way less work then drilling a millions rivets..lol

If you want more info or details pm me

Travis (Barn of Parts) also has a fix for this. Take a look.

After torquing with lock tight I mark all my suspension bolts with a black sharpie. I put a straight vertical line on the bolt head. Then you can glance over them pre ride and see if any have moved and if so re torque.

After torquing with lock tight I mark all my suspension bolts with a black sharpie. I put a straight vertical line on the bolt head. Then you can glance over them pre ride and see if any have moved and if so re torque.
I like that !! Thanks for your idea.

Hello. Please help me find the part numbers. I ticked the photos (left and right blue panels, orange cheek without top blue plastic).
Screenshot_20220322_164004.jpgScreenshot_20220322_163922.jpgScreenshot_20220322_163648.jpg

Thanks looks about right. what if I just tried to change mounting to bottom hole?
If it was lower hole or no riding , I would try the lower hole , until a proper fix option can be done .
I stuck a piece of bolt in the egged out part and tightened up and rode for the rest of the season .
Then do what I did and buy a new sled to ride and get the parts to fix the old sled , and then keep promising yourself that tomorrow you will get it fixed , unless it conflicts with riding time (which it does) , and a season has gone by and it is still not fixed , completely , but atleast I have made some progress , so the repair can be finished in the summer , UNLESS , it conflicts with my boating activities ...........

Back