• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My rear skid mount repair!!

get her a bagger or tow behind lawn broom and you only have to rake near objects. easyest way to rake the lawn i know about without paying some one to do it.

• 20200506_101957.jpg
    20200506_101832.jpg
    20200506_101447.jpg
Finally had a bit of time to get some inserts machined!!
Just need to plug weld the worn hole and redrill then powder coat the brackets black.

I made the inserts out of 316 stainless steel and over sized them .001" so they are a nice tight fit.
Bracket will be fastened with 4 structural rivets

you say ready for wrap, and I see that flower bag in the back and for a brief moment I thought, "flower wrap?"

you say ready for wrap, and I see that flower bag in the back and for a brief moment I thought, "flower wrap?"
Hahahah!! The bag in the back is actually what is called a "powder bag"..lol
It is used to carry explosives in a mine!!
This is the warp

20200513_145812.jpg

Last edited:
I thought for sure you would have noticed the yamaha snowblower in the background but you noticed the "flower bag"...hahaha:D

Nice Neat Work!! .....That should never egg out again:):)
Thanks!! Skid and chaincase going back together today then I'll be installing your bushing kit :D
I am very impressed with the quality of workmanship you put into each one of the bushings machined!!! It really shows off your skills!!

This is NOT a known issue but it happened to my 2019!
Last season I pulled my skid to do a full inspection . I did torque to spec and use blue loctite when I reinstalled but over the course of the season (specifically on our 3 day 1500+km trip ) my chaincase side rear skid mount bolt loosened up and "egged"the hole.

Here is what I decided to do to repair my worn hole on my rear skid mount!!!

I decided to fabricate some 1/4" aluminum reinforcements.
As I was fabricating and trying to figure out the best repair I was talking to my buddy Hellflyer(ty member)! He offered to send me some aluminum brazing rods to fill the hole and redrill!
Once they arrive I will attempt to plug weld the hole and redrill and mount my brackets for reinforcement!!

I am just fitting the bracket once it's 100% I will have them powdercoated black and ready for a permanent install with 3/16 structural rivets

View attachment 155178 View attachment 155179
I just noticed I have the same egged out hole on one side only .
Had my track replaced at the dealer , and never thought to check , as not had an issue in 3 years .
My sled is the 17 LTX LE .
Are there any concerns of just using the lower set of holes , to fix the issue ?

I just noticed I have the same egged out hole on one side only .
Had my track replaced at the dealer , and never thought to check , as not had an issue in 3 years .
My sled is the 17 LTX LE .
Are there any concerns of just using the lower set of holes , to fix the issue ?
I ran the bottom hole to get me through last spring! I found it gave my sled more ski pressure. I am sure i could have dialled the suspension in if I would have left it!

Finally had a bit of time to get some inserts machined!!
Just need to plug weld the worn hole and redrill then powder coat the brackets black.

I made the inserts out of 316 stainless steel and over sized them .001" so they are a nice tight fit.
Bracket will be fastened with 4 structural rivets
That’s a really nice fix;)!
mines are shot again,,,, :confused: I plan on doing your fix...
Does the stainless sleeve go thru the Oem bracket and sit against the threaded slug?
Pics from inside the tunnel?

Thanks

That’s a really nice fix;)!
mines are shot again,,,, :confused: I plan on doing your fix...
Does the stainless sleeve go thru the Oem bracket and sit against the threaded slug?
Pics from inside the tunnel?
Yes it goes through the oem and is flush on the backside... so far so good no issues
I got the inserts made out of stainless and oversized them to make a nice press fit when inserting it through my bracket and the oem. If the bolt happens to loosen up again it shouldn't egg out the hole anymore

Back