• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Part of the bent subframe club

dirk

Extreme
Well I bent her good! I got intimate with a massive rock on Friday night doing about 15km/h. It's my second season on sleds and I guess my dirtbike instinct kicked and was only paying attention to my bars fitting through the opening when I nicked the rock. I hit the left side of the ski, bent the lower controll arm and subframe. There's lots of play in the upper arm, the bolts not damaged so I'm thinking it's the bushings. Great way to start a season! Short parts list is the lower control arm, new ski, and bushings.

Ouch! Good to hear that your okay, sucks, but ya, welcome to the club lol :sled2:

Make that two :o| First trip , first full day of riding , nicked a small buried stump @ barely walking speed, bent the subframe,lower A-arm and spindel, second time in two years.

I thought I saw Ulmer racing selling complete nytro front ends with subframe kits install a couple months back....i would call them

I don't believe Ulmer ships frames to Canada. Shipping costs are to high.

Even with the shipping cost being high, it would probably still cost less then buying one in Canada. Worth giving him a call.

I'm going to do the frame as a last resort. I don't really have the cash to replace everything right before Xmas so I'll try bending the subframe back, replace the a-arm and ski then fix it properly in the spring.

first trip out with my Nytro the other day.this is what i Hit, thru me off the sled and down the highway on my A@@.Appears did no damage to sled that i can see,how lucky as i was doing 40 mph.Went back couple hours later in my truck to see what the hell i hit, and this was it.All i can assume is it was caught in the Drag and when they lifted to cross the road they left a nice Deposit for me.Sometimes it sucks being first one on fresh groomed trail...

Attachments

• tn_Rock that wrecked my Nytro.jpg
    tn_Rock that wrecked my Nytro.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 73

Back