• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

path of coolant and heat exchanger locations

There are a few write ups in the Mod section about installing rear coolers. This is what I did to my Attak.
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/rear-heat-exchanger-updated.108028/
If I were to do it again I would extend the cooler lines so the exchange sat in the very back of the tunnel. This would allow for more clearance for the track when bottoming out.
yes i was looking at that and have a pic of one installed with the tunnel protector extensions added. looked a bit wonky. and crowded was thinking same thing at very rear with maybe mounting it there as it looks like the track would never make it that far and less fabricating needed. just making some coolant pipes to connect to it. after i get one here it will be easier to visualize i sure also

Wait on the rear exchanger. Do a 50/50 mix of antifreeze. Than see what happens. I live in upstate ny and ride tug hill. It can be great or it can be marginal conditions. Lots of road riding also. After doing the coolant,never had another problem. I Did not need the extra cooler.

yea im gonna hold off on the cooler for now. already put too much cash in this thing lol just picked up a marginal snow wheel kit and going to try that out. might fabricate a vent and direct some air towards the little radiator on the right side from some local supplies also

i did buy a refractometer and going to drain coolant and put back at th 50/50 mix also

One simple fix to prolong overheating would be to wire the cooling fan to toggle switch so you can manually activate the fan. The ECU does not turn the fan on til around 195 if I remember. Flip that fan on when you start out if you know you are running ice and it will slow down the rise in temperature.

One simple fix to prolong overheating would be to wire the cooling fan to toggle switch so you can manually activate the fan. The ECU does not turn the fan on til around 195 if I remember. Flip that fan on when you start out if you know you are running ice and it will slow down the rise in temperature.
so your saying just tap into the wires ,run my own fused power and ground w a toggle switch? this will not affect the ecm ? like maybe it sees a short ? sounds like a good idea and i live off of a chain o lakes . i do have a manual but the diagrams are a cluster f##K . have to see if it is ground or power controlled. my guess is it has power once motor is running and ecm provides the ground. easy to check though

Back