• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PERFORMANCE DAMPNER ON 2016 VIPER

bigdog_mike

Lifetime Member
Anyone get a chance to see the 2016 Vipers at the sneak peak event and see the performance dampers on the Viper? Or at any of the dealers that have the 2016 for display have the dampers on them or any pics showing them?

I've seen them on an Apex. The front one is hidden by the hood, but the rear one was mounted on top of the skid, right at the grab handle.

It was early, so I'm not sure if it was production or prototype? I'd like to think that production would've mounted it under the skid at the back??

Looking for info on the VIPER performance damper not the Apex, all the 2016 Yamaha info said they will be on the Viper and Apex sleds but no pics of it and I missed the sneak peak here in michigan.

There are early production 2016 LTX LE's at dealers but I do not believe they have the performance dampers that are listed for the production machines.

Going to show tomorrow in Barrie will take pic there if I can see them

Went to Old Forge show a couple weeks ago and the damper on the Viper was mounted on the top off the tunnel near the grab handle as well. I did not see where the front one was mounted.

Reactions: 1tp
Went to the barrie show tonight, no dampers on the vipers, only on apex...

Viper ltx le is a nice sled, most of the attention was around that sled in the yamaha area...

Even though I don't think the quality is near yamaha I'm thinking of getting the ltx le, like the riding postion so much better...

I went to every sled in there and none came close to the apex models that were there, there's a difference made in Japan compared to the rest IMO...

Wound why artic cat wasn't get...

Also picked up 2016 catalog there...

Fabio once you get a Viper you will quickly learn to appreciate the fact that it's not made in Japan. The pluses outweigh the minor flaws by far. Yamaha needed this sled and hopefully the sales of it has opened their eyes to what needs to be done for a true Yamaha that we all are someday hoping for.

Book says vipers have dampener Rtx and ltx both Le only vipers to get them

I picked up my new snow check 2016 LTX LE viper and after I got it home I didn't see any dampeners? I expected to see one on the rear grab handle?

I picked up my new snow check 2016 LTX LE viper and after I got it home I didn't see any dampeners? I expected to see one on the rear grab handle?
They are being shipped to dealers separately. No allowance from Yamaha for the dealer to install them. Dealer tells me the rear is a simple install, the front one requires removal of quite a bit of stuff. He tells me Yamaha says it is up to the buyer to get them installed, either pay the dealer to do it or do it themselves. Seems wrong to me.

Back