• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer afterbang

Haudy991

Veteran
I recently bought a 2007 Phazer, when I am hard on the throttle then hard on the brakes the thing gives off a very loud after bang. I even tried rallying the throttle slightly when i let off which helps a little but does not cure the problem. The sled has all the updates and recalls done already and I put new plugs in a few weeks ago. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you fix it?

is it the same noise you hear when you change from drive to reverse?

when you slam on the brakes, you trap the belt in the secondary - when you let off the secondary snaps shut. Stop slamming on the brakes, you're gonna end upside down or on your side somewhere - just pinning the throttle and letting off will give you some track slide to make it squirrely.

agree with the other posts, i Barely ever even use the brakes cause theirs soo much engine breaking

Okay but even without the brakes it does it. I can be hard on the throttle and let off with the same results. Unless you're puttering around like a grandpa (no offense to grandpas) it afterbangs at almost all throttle positions.

It is not a backfire, a backfire is combustion back through the intake system. After bang is an ignition in the exhaust system usually caused by build up of raw fuel or fumes in the muffler.

...best comparison for any 4 stroke motocross riders is on deceleration it is like your fuel screw is turned to far in. If that helps?

I found that the exhaust was completely broken off at the flex pipe. It would have required me to buy a new exhaust system, so for the time being I was able to add a ring and weld it back together. I'd like to install a Aaen exhaust in the future but still doing a little homework on it.

Back